car door....

DJpak

Welcome to souf afrika, if you is working with officialdom, ask a lot of questions, english is not everyone home speak ^_^

Edited by No Hare

Go back to police station and ask to report accident, if what gluvsmtb is correct, tell the police exactly that, its well written and logical,.

I hope you have a contact number for the person that opened the door.

Glad you are ok!

I reported to the police and was given a AR (accident report) no.

Went and got 2 quotes from different shops and she gave me the money.

Phone your attorney to get suggestions.

Your posts are very limited and sorry to say the typing, grammar and spelling is not fantastic, so I'm going to guess the situation:

You were cycling on the left hand side of the lane

There was a stationary vehicle on your left

The driver opened the car door just as you were next to the car

your foot caught the door and bent it to the position it is in now

You have a foot injury and there is damage to your bike

You took down the driver details. (Name, ID, insurance co details, etc.)

The driver is insured and you wish to recover your costs against his/her insurance.

To do this you need to report the matter to SAPS (b.t.w. you have to report this. If you were a pedestrian that got knocked over you would also be within your rights to report this. If the constable on duty refuses to open a case, call for the station commander).

Just as a side note: This is why I maintain a meter gap between me and parked cars at all times. Those old farts in Sea Point can hoot all they like.

Im sorry im a foreigner :)

Ok I went the police station he said I cant open a case..

Damn he was wrong... he said this was not between a car and a car... ok I will go to the police station again on Monday ..

Im sorry im a foreigner :)

Ok I went the police station he said I cant open a case..

Damn he was wrong... he said this was not between a car and a car... ok I will go to the police station again on Monday ..

Go now... or as soon as possible. By Monday they will tell you that it is too late.

You should report it within 48hrs of the accident.

Maybe try change the words you use, say you would like to report an accident, car knocked you over, which is true - I'm quite sure you were knocked to the ground and you were injured?

Go now... or as soon as possible. By Monday they will tell you that it is too late.

You should report it within 48hrs of the accident.

I went muizenberg police station. They said I cant. And then I went diep river (?) with another friend. They said we have to go to fish hoek . So we went fish hoek. They said the accident area is not there area so we had to go to muizenberg again!!!!!

Finally I got the case number.... omg..

Maybe try change the words you use, say you would like to report an accident, car knocked you over, which is true - I'm quite sure you were knocked to the ground and you were injured?

I could have knocked over. Fortunately I didnt. But I had to go to hospital to stitch my left leg(not a big one but I cant walk properly bec I must not press my left leg.

This is a problem. Im a foreigner student. My family is not in SA. I cant do anything. Luckily my friends are helping me.. anyway I got my case number last night. The police officer tried to reach the driver but she didnt answer at that time. But yes I got the number.i hope I could claim everything... :(

I've had the same run around from our often useless and lazy police officers, not our area go to that station only to get the same spiel there , just because they are too lazy to open the docket. And there you are maybe injured and a little distraught and the cops couldn't give a flying fork. But glad to hear you finally came right :)

Edited by Skylark

Case number is a good start, at least you can now claim. Sorry man its terrible to have to deal with incompetent people

I went muizenberg police station. They said I cant. And then I went diep river (?) with another friend. They said we have to go to fish hoek . So we went fish hoek. They said the accident area is not there area so we had to go to muizenberg again!!!!!

Cool.

Case number logged

Recover well

Yip they were trying to avoid work.. Hence them saying you can't report.. Then sending you to a different station. And this folks is the primary reason things are the way they are... We have zero police force. Mate in aus had her number plate nicked.. Police came with fingerprint team!

Guest Latent Blue

Yip they were trying to avoid work.. Hence them saying you can't report.. Then sending you to a different station. And this folks is the primary reason things are the way they are... We have zero police force. Mate in aus had her number plate nicked.. Police came with fingerprint team!

My car was once broken into at the student home i lived. Nicked my radio and some other random stuff. The police actually came out, but when i asked about finger prints they actually started laughing and told me that theres no use in doing that.

(Edit: these idiot propably wont be able to match prints if it were handed to them)

Edited by Latent Blue

Our car was broken into in our driveway last year.. the police did arrive with a fingerprint team :eek: