Breede MTB - 12 April

Rydogg

Mads, jy verstaan ni mooi ni, dis wanneer ek laas op n fiets was! My gat gan seer raak! My best result at this event, 6th. Wind always a bugger on that last 10km, into the teeth!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a 35deg+ day in the "Vallei" this weekend, position 2 and 6 taken by Mads and Swartkat, Copperhead will take 1st and I'll settle for a cold one afterwards, there we go guys, stick to the plan ;-)

...Oh, and CleatsandCleavage will do a 2nd lap due to lack of distance

ENJOY!

Edited by BrandonF

Hi Guys

Avid reader on the forum but first post. New to mountain biking and need some advice on the 30km route. My experience so far has only been in Tokai Forest. I have managed to ride up to the Silvermine Gate and to the tarred section before the Mast. How do these rides compare to the 30km Breede River ride? Will it be a bridge too far?

Thanks

Hi Guys

Avid reader on the forum but first post. New to mountain biking and need some advice on the 30km route. My experience so far has only been in Tokai Forest. I have managed to ride up to the Silvermine Gate and to the tarred section before the Mast. How do these rides compare to the 30km Breede River ride? Will it be a bridge too far?

Thanks

My philosophy: "If you dont go, you'll never know"

Hi Guys

Thanks

Quite tricky to figure out the limitations of one's abilities when you start out! I would say if it's your first ever race start of with the 17km on Saturday, do a 30km at the next one and "work your way up" as you gain confidence & fitness.

The 30km looks relatively tough - about a 1000m of climbing which is a lot if you are new and/or unfit.

Quite tricky to figure out the limitations of one's abilities when you start out! I would say if it's your first ever race start of with the 17km on Saturday, do a 30km at the next one and "work your way up" as you gain confidence & fitness.

The 30km looks relatively tough - about a 1000m of climbing which is a lot if you are new and/or unfit.

Agree with you. Start with the 17km. Slowly work your way up. You wil have just as much fun, and get out of the house, and get a medal to show off to your friends later.

Hi Guys

Thanks

Best way to learn to swim is to jump into the deep side...... Go for the 30km and take it easy, not so heavy for a first timer!

Looks like a 35deg+ day in the "Vallei" this weekend, position 2 and 6 taken by Mads and Swartkat, Copperhead will take 1st and I'll settle for a cold one afterwards, there we go guys, stick to the plan ;-)

ENJOY!

Hoo haaa Hookaai daar!!! :D

2nd LAST you missed a small word there. But yes still lots of positions to fill. :)

Hoo haaa Hookaai daar!!! :D

2nd LAST you missed a small word there. But yes still lots of positions to fill. :)

Ok Mads, ek en jy ry saam, even if we come last just before the Coke stand packs up. Ok, im going then, gonna suffer, but o well...........

Ok Mads, ek en jy ry saam, even if we come last just before the Coke stand packs up. Ok, im going then, gonna suffer, but o well...........

Go with muscle memory.

As hulle eers hulle geheue herwin het sal jy fine wees........ :P

Maar as backup kan jy saam met my die Coke stands oppak

Go with muscle memory.

As hulle eers hulle geheue herwin het sal jy fine wees........ :P

Maar as backup kan jy saam met my die Coke stands oppak

Muscle memory is bog! Ek sal mar jou naam uitroep Sat!

ENJOY!

s'cuse me! Im doing the long distance. Look for me in a Kate Slegrova Cycle training jersey and on a Scott dual sus.