DT Swiss 240 rear hub issue

marshace

Anybody have issues with the engagement of the free body ??

I often have this "clunck" noise as I apply power.

OEM wheels on Scott Scale Pro 29 er, spec sheet says DT Swiss XR29 but think the are 240's as XR29' not on DT Swiss website.

Probably done a 1000 km on it, second free body (replaced on warranty), now it would appear that the hub itself has bocome damaged, edges burred as a result of engagment problem I think..

It only has 2 pawls.

Next question: what do I replace it with that wont break the bank, is easy to service and maintain with spares readily available ???

Any comments ???

I think the XR29's are DT Swiss 350 hubs - strip it apart, clean it and see what the issue is before deciding to replace or repair.

Hope Evo 2 are great hubs - easy to maintain and pretty bomb proof.

I think the XR29's are DT Swiss 350 hubs - strip it apart, clean it and see what the issue is before deciding to replace or repair.

Hope Evo 2 are great hubs - easy to maintain and pretty bomb proof.

I couldn't of said it better. :clap:

Thx for replies.

Have done but edges on where the pawls have to engage are burred now.

Pawls themselves are fine, shitty little spring though, to think you entire ride depends on something so small...

Does that mean replacing the hub ? I thought so !!

Thx for replies.

Have done but edges on where the pawls have to engage are burred now.

Pawls themselves are fine, shitty little spring though, to think you entire ride depends on something so small...

Does that mean replacing the hub ? I thought so !!

Better post some pictures - I can't really visualise the level you are talking about - I have the same set of wheels at home, so I can compare your pictures to mine if needed.

Neither 240s nor 350 dt swiss hubs have pawls. They have clutch mechs. The 370 does have pawls. Consider the 370 as an entry level hub.