[Event] Gravel Travel - NEW Venue & Route.

The Search

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no, tough choice. Also love tru-cape.....

Question is which one has the most track that we can't normally ride?

Is it just me or is it getting expensive to do events? R220...i saw namibian events and they ask R100 for the longest and R60 for the middle distances...

Compared to R125 for the Tru-Cape...(R100 if your PPA :ph34r:)

Edited by lerouc

I believe so. Online entries closes the 7th.

How tough is the 35km? Compared to the Vineyard 26km?

Such a pity. Tru Cape is awsome. I am doing this one, entered.

Tru Cape used to be my best race on the calender, but i found that the route gets congested with the 25km riders sharing the same tracks and it becomes a bottlenecked. The route itself is awesome but the "quality of technical skills) by the participants is left wanting. Its a pity.

So i will be heading off to 65km of hurt in wellington

You can enter on the day. Don't know anything of the Vineyard race. Is that the race at Lourensford? The 35km will take you to places in Wellington that will take your breath away. You need to be some kind of fit for it.

Tru Cape used to be my best race on the calender, but i found that the route gets congested with the 25km riders sharing the same tracks and it becomes a bottlenecked. The route itself is awesome but the "quality of technical skills) by the participants is left wanting. Its a pity.

So i will be heading off to 65km of hurt in wellington

you are right, once a race becomes too popular it becomes a problem aswell. I will be hurting with you.

You can enter on the day. Don't know anything of the Vineyard race. Is that the race at Lourensford? The 35km will take you to places in Wellington that will take your breath away. You need to be some kind of fit for it.

Yes, that was at Lourensford. It did the 26km in 1h58, so I am neither a racing snake, neither am I a backmarker. I should be able to handle the 35km. Was just wondering how they compare. I believe the Gravel Travel have some awesome singletrack.