[Event] Gravel Travel - NEW Venue & Route.

The Search

Entered the 65km, but if it's a mudfest i might just do the 35km. Wannabe, JGR, we can ride together?

I'm doing the same. Wife has another appointment, so I'm a but worried about how long the 65km is going to take in the mud / rain. Already been confirmed that I can change the distance at registration tomorrow morning.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also doing the 35km. Pretty wet here in Paarl and Wellington guys. Leaving my new bike at home for this race and taking my cheapie. Also not keen on a huge repair bill come Monday.

if this rain continues then I am pulling out my idt and hitting that for 1.5hrs tomorrow morning. really not in the mood for a mud slide...

Also doing the 35km. Pretty wet here in Paarl and Wellington guys. Leaving my new bike at home for this race and taking my cheapie. Also not keen on a huge repair bill come Monday.

my friend just spoke to a woman at the cycle shop in wellington (?) and she said its not raining there. Friends in paarl also said its dry. Who do we believe??

I was in Worcester this morning, and going through the valley from the Tunnel, there is myriads of waterfalls (strong running waterfalls) on both sides. This leads me to bellieve that more than a few drops of water fell in that area.

I wanted to return via Bainskloof to see how much rain fell in that area, but time constraints prevented me from doing it. Will contact my friend in Wellington after work (once he got home) to find out how much rain has fallen there.

my friend just spoke to a woman at the cycle shop in wellington (?) and she said its not raining there. Friends in paarl also said its dry. Who do we believe??

Not raining at the moment. But we had massive amounts of rain overnight and this morning. The area where I work is pretty wet and standing water everywhere. Doesnt matter, we are all gonna ride anyway, and we will get wet and dirty. Love it. Edited by Johny Bravo

Thanks for entering the Wellington Gravel Travel! Herewith some info regarding the event on Saturday:

7]
Venue: Bosman Family Vineyards,
Lelienfontein, Wellington (Please Note: venue has changed and the
event is not held at Diemersfontein as in the past
!). For detailed directions, please see attached.

Registration/

Number collect: At Lelienfontein on race day from 6h30 onwards. There will also be late entries, if your friends still want to enterJ.

Race starts: 65km (8h00); 35km (8h15) and 15km (8h30)

Rider/Distance

changes: Can be done at registration when you collect your number at the venue.

Timing: You DO NOT need a timing chip – races will be timed manually.

Entertainment: There will be a supervised KIDS ZONE! Post-race entertainment will include craft beer, good food and award-winning wines for tasting!

Cleats, did you not get an entry through the TMBC? If so, have you preregistered, as I was informed we register on the morning.

Adventure Cycles ;)

There is sunshine every now and then in Franschhoek, and generally the weather is a little delayed compared to Wellington.

Will update when I get home this afternoon...

Just got home and this is what it looks like... Perfect for tomorrow

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/09/me3esa3a.jpg

Edited by Tiny K

Perfect weather for a little spin. See you all there. Had some bike issues so going to *** off on the hills. Bloody agents!!

What happened?

My fork was serviced but not working. Then the 19 was on another wheel which I put on and it kept going flat. So going with 32X17!! And the fork from my geared bike. So I expect to walk a lot tomorrow. But I don't care as I have just graded it to a fun ride. Just getting my gear ready now then out for dinner. Ribs! Perfect carbo loading. :)

Haha! eish, crazy man! I must admit, I get excited about tough races and crazy climbs, but mud and rain....aikona :-

Not looking to bright here from the Boerewors Curtain over the sea...

post-17321-0-77629400-1399650058_thumb.jpg

But mine is where the race is ;)