A Bike at a price that sound to good

RastaMan

Hi I am currently looking for a Specialized tarmac sl4 frame.

The specialized version usually goes for around 25k and the sworks around 37k

But no one has stock, wel atleast here in jhb

I found a shop bridge cycles down in capetown which has stock but is selling the specialized for 19k and the sworks for 25k.

Does anyone know this shop, are they legit, is this just a big special or to good to be true?

I have asked demetri if its the genuine roduct but he has not replied, but in general our email conversations has not been smooth so he might not have gotten the mail

I know this bike shop they are legit and based in Diep River CPT, they import large amounts of bikes but mainly Specialized, I was actually there yesterday and going today. They move a lot of Scott and giant products as well and always willing to discount prices.

cool thanks its hard for me to judge as I havent been to the shop, and because i stay up in jhb i wont be able to

and I dont want to pay that money and end up with a fake.

Thanks

Very legit. Bought a Stumpjumper from them 3 months ago, a carbon model for less than the alu model was at the Spaz store. Flippen good shop. :thumbup:

I know this bike shop they are legit and based in Diep River CPT, they import large amounts of bikes but mainly Specialized,

I dont know the shop, but as there are Specialized agents in South Africa who sell through authorised dealers, I'd be careful if these guys "Import large amounts of.. Specialized".

Call Spez and ask them if it is legit. Or just buy a "grey" product and don't be surprised if it is a fake.

Edited by eddy

Yep, legit shop. They sell older models at reduced prices so I would guess the frame you were quoted on is a 2013 and not a 2014. But this isn't bad as the only change to the frames has been colour schemes after the large 2013 update of SL4 on normal Spez frames.

Very legit. Bought a Stumpjumper from them 3 months ago, a carbon model for less than the alu model was at the Spaz store. Flippen good shop. :thumbup:

Have you checked your bar code ?

Hahaha, please dude. Not every shop is a skelm. Bar code is legit. btw, they are listed on the Specialized website as official agents. Go check it out for yourself.

I know this bike shop they are legit and based in Diep River CPT, they import large amounts of bikes but mainly Specialized, I was actually there yesterday and going today. They move a lot of Scott and giant products as well and always willing to discount prices.

They import? Are they grey products then?

Bought the 2013 Spez Epic 29 Comp Carbon from them at the end of last year, I'm also from JHB and did the whole Deal via email and WhatsApp (photos of bike etc) they shipped to JHB the next day (after I did an EFT of course) and NO issues whatsoever. Great Service and Pricing from Marc...

Although after CB Sunday and this discussion starting today I did just call home and ask the Wife to take a Photo of my Barcode to check and Register on Spez Site.

All good and all seems Legit

Bought the 2013 Spez Epic 29 Comp Carbon from them at the end of last year, I'm also from JHB and did the whole Deal via email and WhatsApp (photos of bike etc) they shipped to JHB the next day (after I did an EFT of course) and NO issues whatsoever. Great Service and Pricing from Marc...

Although after CB Sunday and this discussion starting today I did just call home and ask the Wife to take a Photo of my Barcode to check and Register on Spez Site.

All good and all seems Legit

Thanks thats exactly why I am asking

they have done nothing wrong. I am just verifying. Especially as the frame I am replacing is also a freaking that was sold to me.

They have a clearance shop in the old Thule building across the road from the main shop and that always has great bargains especially on Scott duals, wheels, craft run out clothing and a few road frames / bikes but nothing more than you'd expect from run outs on old stock and odd sizes. It's not like they have walls of frames and bikes lined up ready to be taken.

Service is a little old school (aka not that much of it and they'll often leave you hanging or go answer the phone mid discussion) but they have always seemed decent guys and never had any reason to question honesty or authenticity.

CWC always has decent discounts and no one is sweating that their Kask helmets @ 39% off or their ergo2's @ 50% off aren't real. There are good margins in all retail products / ability to use as a write off.

If you want I'll go down and take some shots of the frame, serial and send them over to you.