Do you have insurance on your bicycles?

Cellar

Insurance on Bicycles  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you insure your bicycle?

• Yes
    • No

Based on that bike stolen in V-Town thread, I'm astounded that people have these mega expensive items and no insurance.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Insure my bike, my race Wheelset, my lights, and my gps computer... Oh! And my sunglasses.

Same. Even my daughter's regular glasses.

3 of the 5 are insured.

The 3 that are used most frequently and would hurt my wallet immensly, should I have to replace them.

EDIT: Also insured is my kit. Althouhg based on recent pricing of a TLD D3 fullface lid... I think I'm underinsured :ph34r:

Edited by patches

easy enough to add a bike to your house insurance and also most don't seem to take pics of their bike!!

Having a pic makes it much easier to identify if stolen and also when putting the word out as people would have seen a pic rather than trying to figure out from a written spec of what was on the bike.

For those voting no, could you maybe explain why, cause I don't get it. I mean I get what Patches says, makes sense, like when I still had an mtb, it was insured for what I would have sold it for only, cause I hated the thing.

For those voting no, could you maybe explain why, cause I don't get it. I mean I get what Patches says, makes sense, like when I still had an mtb, it was insured for what I would have sold it for only, cause I hated the thing.

My 3 are insured for replacement value...

and when I think about it, it would be stupid not to insure any half-decent DH bike. Never mind theft, just trashing a fork will set one back over 10k - 20k.

My 3 are insured for replacement value...

and when I think about it, it would be stupid not to insure any half-decent DH bike. Never mind theft, just trashing a fork will set one back over 10k - 20k.

Yeah, the extra couple of hundred bucks a month might be worth it then.

My road bikes are insured for replacement.

Edited by Cellar

Do you guys insure against damage (broken frame from crash, etc.) or only theft?

Comprehensive

Do you guys insure against damage (broken frame from crash, etc.) or only theft?

For any insurance quotes on your bicycles let me know.

Why? do you know something that i dont?

Comprehensive.

I only insure what I cant afford to replace. Hence car insured. Household contents not insured. Bicycle not insured.

I'm "self insured" for those things. I save the money I would have spent on insurance and if I need to replace I do.

:whistling: I've got all the major insurers on my platform. But I do work closely with Cyclesure as well!

Why? do you know something that i dont?