• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful race

Happy for Sagan's 6th - brilliant

Did Boonen ride for Terpstra?

Boonen I think went too early. Had nothing left in the end and Terpstra got the nod to go.

Boonan was great today despite a fairly average build up for him. It was an old school attack and unfortuanately if you've got TB in the group then there aren't may people who want to work and take him to the line so he had to do what he did on his own and then with Thor.

Great for Terpstra, good ride by Wiggins and Thomas (nearly, again). GVA was there despite a lot of issues. VanMarcke beaten by Fabian again in the velodrome.

Only thing I found odd was Cancellara's tactics. When ever there seemed to be a crunch time he looked like he was flat out refusing to make the chase. Fair enough as he got podium but I thought it didn't seem like the performance of the favourite. When Sagan and Degenklob appeared in the final selection then you'd think his chances of waiting and winning the sprint like Ronde were gone.

Fabian Cancellara was proud of his podium place.

"I'm tried and I'm disappointed. I race to win but it didn’t go how I'd hoped," he said.

"This is the 12th time on the podium in a monument. I'm judge on if I win but third isn’t bad either. I spent a lot to get back on after my problems. We all spend I suppose and I just did what I could. I thought the four-rider attack was good but it didn’t work and Niki got away."

Terpstra 1st, Degenkolb 2nd, Cancellera 3rd, Sagan 6th, Wiggins 9th.

I am impressed by his ride.

And I wonder what all the people who commented about him riding the PR have to say now.

I am impressed by his ride.

And I wonder what all the people who commented about him riding the PR have to say now.

My comment is in the classics thread.

I must say I'm impressed with Wiggins. I took him for a bag of hot air in an ugly suit wearing a poorly fitting wig. But to be there in the top ten is a very good ride.

Edited by Cellar

Too right Rock...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N20Ks2gu9OE/UjOKOkrO5mI/AAAAAAAACKY/TTguJlrCs3c/s1600/capsnothats.png

Too right Rock...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N20Ks2gu9OE/UjOKOkrO5mI/AAAAAAAACKY/TTguJlrCs3c/s1600/capsnothats.png

Amen, bro, amen

In celebration of their Roubaix win, not to mention the comeback of Gwin winning on their new invention of 27.5" wheels, Specialized will cease all copyright infringement lawsuits this week.....and this week only :)