Spez Epic Rear Shock Problem

FatBoySlim1

Ok so here is the deal, was checking my bike today after a bit of a rough ride on the weekend, and found this (see pic).

Before I go and scare the daisies out of myself on the replacement cost for a Spez rear shock, do you think its broken beyond repair.

post-31790-0-53605200-1397318994_thumb.png

Edited by mac_mac74

Is that the pipe that feeds the brain that's come totally loose?

How can that shock even function with it like that?

So I guess you can't claim warrantee? Surely Spez can't claim you mistreated the equipment. It is after all a MTB. So a rough ride should not cause a part to just break.

Ok so here is the deal, was checking my bike today after a bit of a rough ride on the weekend, and found this (see pic).

Before I go and scare the **** out of myself on the replacement cost for a Spec rear shock, do you think its f***ked beyond repair.

you could have it sorted by spez or if am not mistaken just fit a standard fox or Rock shocks minus the brain.

Seen it done to a stumpy s-works by Rock Shox on one of their xx1 promo vids.

Besides some of the spez models come without the brain.

Is that a 2010? Could still be under warranty.

Edited by YUMEYA

Yeah haven't had a chance to take it to the agents yet, Monday morning first thing, just wanted to hear of other stories from you guys.

Yes it's 2010 bike and I heard of the warranty, but also heard they are full of shite.

Edited by mac_mac74

Hey Grego12, since you are in ctn as well where was this service done, it may save me some time and effort.

not a train smash. when they did they service on my shock (epic expert carbon 2011), they replaced that connector pipe as part of the service

Spez 5yr warranty. I'm not expecting to get far with that though. I have seen what others have gone through for them to honor it.

2010 bike and you expect to claim under warranty ..... whoohooo!!

Spez 5 years on frame and I think suspension too. Plus that is a proprietary shock, so very likely.

Edited by YUMEYA

Spez 5yr warranty. I'm not expecting to get far with that though. I have seen what others have gone through for them to honor it.

If you have had it serviced at regular intervals and recently too within the last month or so ,your Specialized dealer can motivate for a replacement.

If not serviced regularly it could cost you a lot, but you will most likely get a new shock at a full service price.

That needs to get to Stellenbosch via your local big S dealer .

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Hey Grego12, since you are in ctn as well where was this service done, it may save me some time and effort.

bmt in stellenbosch....chat to trevor...be prepared though....if I recall it cost R2k for the rear shock major service!

Before I go and scare the **** out of myself on the replacement cost for a Spec rear shock, do you think its f***ked beyond repair.

Try avoid the swear words when you email / phone / visit Specialized.....

When was the last time it was serviced, and how often has the shock been serviced since 2010?