Recovery

What exactly do you mean by "didn't feel fully recovered"? Do you mean nutritional wise, muscles sore and/mentally?

It is normal to be sore the next day and tired. There are a lot of fads and personal choices, but in my mind the best is just to eat right before, during and after and also to rest after the stage.

Just didn't have my normal oomf.. Could push hard and at section that I would normally ram it I just sat and peddaled

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to byGU gels today.Pricing at bikeshop was R22 at the next R25 and as none had GU hydration and one was kind enough to direct me to Dischem where I found GU gel to be R17.50 and managed to buy GU hydrationa as well.

Im surprised at that percentage difference.

R17.50 for a GU gel is a good price, definitely gonna be visiting Dischem soon.

I love the GU gels. Vanilla bean and salted caramel are my fave.

Stretch, stretch and stretch some more!

Up until now I've honestly neglected this part of recovery, and ended up with seized hips and lower back..... Sciatica is absolutely no joke!!!

It is normal to feel flat after the previous day. Try to ignore that - mostly it gets better once you get going. Other than that : chocolate milk in the first hour. Meals with proteien included. Sleep. I fail to see how a garment that decreases the cappilary diffusion pressure can improve healing. No conclusive proof but if it blows your hair back - do it.

I finally went for a 1 hour sports leg massage today after battling to get the power back in my legs after Tour Durban last Monday. What a win. I had ITBS in my right leg and major muscle fatigue in the left one from compensating for the ITBS on the right. Anyway, after much swearing, both legs are feeling great and I am actually looking forward to tomorrow's Election Day ride. Going back for another session next week.

As for the foam roller. It is a must, but 30 second is not enough. 2 x 90 sec sessions both sides at least.