What would a fitment set you back

it is on their first post - but the key part you want is here:

That means R 595 for an ErgoFit and R 800 for an ErgoMax.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool thread.

Is there any difference between road and MTB setup?

Yes ErgoFiT uses a slightly different algorithm for your MTB fit as opposed to the Road fit as frame geometries differ on a road and MTB.

mmm does the bike fitment change over time ?

as you get older things dont stretch as much as they used to, so would the bike fit change ?

Great question! If you increase your training volume or flexibility, your bike fitment could well change and things like saddle height and saddle setback might change slightly. The converse is true if you start riding less; you might end up needing a less aggressive position on the bike. Bike fitment is something that will be continually evolving as your riding habits change, so if your riding patterns have changed dramatically since your last fit it is definitely worth having it re-looked at.

Yes ErgoFiT uses a slightly different algorithm for your MTB fit as opposed to the Road fit as frame geometries differ on a road and MTB.

To take the MTB fitment further, does it differentiate between XC fitment and All Mountain/ Trail Riding?

To take the MTB fitment further, does it differentiate between XC fitment and All Mountain/ Trail Riding?

Im sure it does, dont the AM saddles lean backwards like a drivers seat in a citigolf from Lenasia?

Im sure it does, dont the AM saddles lean backwards like a drivers seat in a citigolf from Lenasia?

hahahaaaahaaaaa

You're thinking of freeride bikes.

You still have to climb with the bike so why would the saddle be down on the tail.

Don't know if this question was asked, but I'm too lazy to look.

"If I experience no obvious pain due to a possible wrong position on my bike, wether it be knee, back or neck, could I have accidentally found a perfect setup? and would it be necessary to tamper with this if I feel it works for me?

You still have to climb with the bike so why would the saddle be down on the tail.

I ask myself the same questions and still cant come up with an answer.

Maybe the said riders like that kind of action when the rear bounces back up... I can only imagine what sort of "pain" that would induce to ones sphincter.

The fitment prediction does not currently automatically adjust that, as the majority of riders go for marathon specific set ups.. Trail would use a similar setback value as marathon also. For XC we usually recommend that our certified fitters move the saddle 1-2cm further forward that the saddle setback prediction for more explosiveness which is needed in XC racing.

Don't know if this question was asked, but I'm too lazy to look.

"If I experience no obvious pain due to a possible wrong position on my bike, wether it be knee, back or neck, could I have accidentally found a perfect setup? and would it be necessary to tamper with this if I feel it works for me?

You may be comfortable, but we might be able to make you ride even faster ;)

Is adjusting of the cleats an essential part of a setup?

Yes. Adjusting the cleats to the correct fore/aft position as well as cleat angle is hugely important and can make a massive difference to a bike fitment. It can go a long way to reducing injury risk as well as improve efficiency.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I go in Joburg? I called Velo Life in Rosebank but they say they can't do the ErgoMax yet. I have had an ankle replacement so would like to get the ErgoMax done

Archived