New 160mm Trail Bike? Hmm What to get

nigelhicks

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Budget will be around 60 each I presume. I wish yt had their bikes ready to go as you just order one and they deliver. The price also includes vat. So I dont think u would get nailed bringing it in. Or if they have available then I get it when I am in Europe in july.

Also had a chat to gabe from devinci and he said he could hook me up with the new enduro bike they are about to release. But he didnt shoe me a pic of the frame so it may be butt ugly like the dixon.

Only problem with the YT Capra is the sizing :cursing: seems like they only catering for dwarfs :whistling: They need to make an XL & XXL otherwise I'll be needing the 430mm reverb and a 80mm stem. :ph34r:

They don't seem to worry about us big boned people.

The lapierre are a maybe. But then we would need g2g kit too and would be part of the mob here in kzn. Hahahaha

As for the big S ... it is an option. But just have to see if they bring in the 650b version.

Nevet been a fan of rocky mountain

Budget will be around 60 each I presume. I wish yt had their bikes ready to go as you just order one and they deliver. The price also includes vat. So I dont think u would get nailed bringing it in. Or if they have available then I get it when I am in Europe in july.

Also had a chat to gabe from devinci and he said he could hook me up with the new enduro bike they are about to release. But he didnt shoe me a pic of the frame so it may be butt ugly like the dixon.

Is Gabe is SA,sorry Nigel if I sound a bit dof did not know about half the bikes we can even get in SA.

whats the budget scale?

and what are your ideal drive-train options and suspension? carbon or alu? 650b or 650b?

probably around 60k complete. Not too phased on forks etc. Pike or fox .... groupset. Xt for sure if we custom build. Dropper post and then a decent set of wheels. Hope hubs for sure on a custom build.

Looking at 26er or 650b.

Daild are bringing in Polygon now as well.

I saw that. But the have the new prototype out already. So dont want to get old tech thats about to change

Is Gabe is SA,sorry Nigel if I sound a bit dof did not know about half the bikes we can even get in SA.

no gabe is head of the devinci global racing team. He is based in Canada at their factory. They sponsored me my carbon wilson frame so said they could do an enduro bike too. No devinci dealers in sa.

Yt sell direct to the public. So no bike dealers. You order direct and they ship

Just curious why you exclude the Giants. Not as sexy or exclusive, I know, but are there any other reasons? They sure as hell are good value for money.

no gabe is head of the devinci global racing team. He is based in Canada at their factory. They sponsored me my carbon wilson frame so said they could do an enduro bike too. No devinci dealers in sa.

Yt sell direct to the public. So no bike dealers. You order direct and they ship

That's a pity they make some sick bikes.

I saw a devinci 650b am bike that was sexy as hell... Can't remember the name. But it was sizzling hot.. I would have extra marital affairs with it

Edit... Was the troy... but the price! Gonna be 75k at least to get it here

Guest Omega Man

The Dixon is actually quite nice. I thought it looked like a rusty bullet hole too but in the flesh/carbon it's pretty tidy looking. My mate Dan (the guy with the other Wilson) has one.

Archived