Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As we run through the four men in the peloton, the gap has come down a little more. They still have a sizeable 8 minute advantage over the main group. Sky have come to the front to help Orica-GreenEdge with the chasing duties.

Speaking of the weather, the clouds have come in and the peloton could be in for a soaking. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Shimano report that the birthday boy Stamsnijder is struggling on with gastroenteritis today. There are a few riders who have been ill over the first week, several blaming the poor weather.

4 escapees out front. They went at kilometre 11 and have been out front since then. The gap went up to 14 minutes, but is now at 9 minutes. The four men are Andrea Fedi (Neri Sottoli), Marco Bandiera (Androni Giocattoli), Edoardo Zardini (Bardiani) and Rdolofo Andres Torres (Colombia).

The Orica-GreenEdge lead peloton have upped pace and the gap has come down to eight minutes for our four leaders.

The Orica-GreenEdge lead peloton have upped pace and the gap has come down to eight minutes for our four leaders.

Riders are going back to the cars to pick up their rain gear. They want to be prepared when it eventually comes down.

100km remaining from 257km

The second feed zone of the day is coming in 22 kilometres. The riders were given an extra feed zone today, due to the extra 10km added to the race route.

Katusha and AG2R-La Mondiale are also near the front as they ride through Cicciano.

GreenEdge get a break as Sky take up the work on the front. They have cut the gap down to just 5:14.

supersport.com if you have an account

finally found one that i managed to close the ads :)