Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

More news coming through about the Wegmann abandon. He reportedly crashed, but rode on for a little while before deciding that the pain was too much. Good news is the German was able to climb into the ambulance himself. He is on his way to hospital to be checked out.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ai.. and my 1 son has tennis matches this afternoon and the other has cricket practice. . Sigh.. so I wont be able to watch much.. maybe I'll get the last hour.

More news coming through about the Wegmann abandon. He reportedly crashed, but rode on for a little while before deciding that the pain was too much. Good news is the German was able to climb into the ambulance himself. He is on his way to hospital to be checked out.

there goes another of my team members. Down to 6 riders I think......

Another escape attempt from Francesco Bongiorno (BAR), Francis Mourey (FDJ) and Tim Wellens (Lotto), but also unsuccessful.

60 kms to go and the first climb is attacked so hard that many riders are dropped, even Scarpo'

1 km from the top, there's a leading group of about 20 riders with about 22 secs in the bag

1. I've looked closely at the TOC field (incl. The final top 10 on GC) and don't see how it even measures up to this Giro field. Check who Wiggo (barely) beat in the end, on a parcours particularly suited to his strengths. Young Dennis nearly got him, and I don’t see him being top 30 in the TDF. Help me out?

2. All grand tours are like this, well at least as far as I've known them since my first TDF 20 years ago. First week of flat sprint stages, the odd puncheurs stage, with everyone waiting and biding their time for the big battles in the final week when everything lights up. Not seeing anything different. In fact, I've seen quite a bit more drama this year than in previous years.

3. I think stage 6 has sucked a little bit of excitement out of the GC battle for everyone. Purito out, Quintana injured and unable to attack, most other top riders carrying injuries or have just lost too much time, and Cuddles already with 1 hand on the trophy before the real racing has begun.

Dylan van Baarle, Garmin-Sharp, is 22 yrs old today

And he's rolling the Giro

Wow!

1. I've looked closely at the TOC field (incl. The final top 10 on GC) and don't see how it even measures up to this Giro field. Check who Wiggo (barely) beat in the end, on a parcours particularly suited to his strengths. Young Dennis nearly got him, and I don’t see him being top 30 in the TDF. Help me out?

2. All grand tours are like this, well at least as far as I've known them since my first TDF 20 years ago. First week of flat sprint stages, the odd puncheurs stage, with everyone waiting and biding their time for the big battles in the final week when everything lights up. Not seeing anything different. In fact, I've seen quite a bit more drama this year than in previous years.

3. I think stage 6 has sucked a little bit of excitement out of the GC battle for everyone. Purito out, Quintana injured and unable to attack, most other top riders carrying injuries or have just lost too much time, and Cuddles already with 1 hand on the trophy before the real racing has begun.

Its not only the guys that were cruising around California, my gripe is that we need to see the top GC contenders at the Grand Tours.

Its not only the guys that were cruising around California, my gripe is that we need to see the top GC contenders at the Grand Tours.

Correct, Alberto , Froome, Valverde, etc etc should all be part of all the grand tours