Giant anthem x2 26er at cash crusadrs

Single Track

This bike must be stolen. Arrived at cash crusaders yesterday and they cant sell for a week due to "police clearance" Bike has wireless computer sensor but no screen. I was in a hurry so just snapped 2 pics. It has a distinct Trail and Tar sticker on the frame. apparently price will be R2000. If you can describe the bike to me(components) I will tell you which cash crusaders to go to.

post-11245-0-34311600-1397996485_thumb.jpg

Can someone tell me if the pic I attached is showing? Using my useless tablet! Picture should show frame, rear shock and trail and tar sticker.

Yip, it's there.

I think I need to start trolling CC for my new scooter.

I visit them almost daily and good bikes just about never come up. Edited by Single Track

This bike must be stolen. Arrived at cash crusaders yesterday and they cant sell for a week due to "police clearance"

Must be stolen. What? Again, the accusations fly.

Cash Crusaders is basically a glorified pawn shop, if you have a presentable ID book they will buy anything from anyone, no questions asked and at the lowest possible price.

Ridiculous deals sometimes do crop up from buy backs, ie the guy takes in his expensive bike asks for a R500 loan just to tide him over or buy beers/crack/hit the jol and then circumstances prevents him from getting back in time to pay off the loan, that bike will hit the sale floor for R2000, they want to clear the loan amount, make a quick profit and get the bike sold and off the floor before the owner comes back trying to pay the interest and get the bike back. The bike in that situation will not be priced relative to its real value.

But if it's an outright buy, which this situation will be if it's being held for a week before being put up for sale then it may be a sketchy deal. But then again look closely, the bike might be totaled - fork/shock worn out, drivetrain tickets etc and that's why it's there at that price.

Cash Crusaders is basically a glorified pawn shop, if you have a presentable ID book they will buy anything from anyone, no questions asked and at the lowest possible price.

Ridiculous deals sometimes do crop up from buy backs, ie the guy takes in his expensive bike asks for a R500 loan just to tide him over or buy beers/crack/hit the jol and then circumstances prevents him from getting back in time to pay off the loan, that bike will hit the sale floor for R2000, they want to clear the loan amount, make a quick profit and get the bike sold and off the floor before the owner comes back trying to pay the interest and get the bike back. The bike in that situation will not be priced relative to its real value.

But if it's an outright buy, which this situation will be if it's being held for a week before being put up for sale then it may be a sketchy deal. But then again look closely, the bike might be totaled - fork/shock worn out, drivetrain tickets etc and that's why it's there at that price.

Spot on, they paid R500.

Awesome news, well done for sticking with your gut feel that the deal looked dodgy. So rare in SA for happy endings like this!