[Event] PHILADELPHIA MTB

Annemart

post-3951-0-47416900-1398562064_thumb.jpg

Grabouw is going to be a busy town on the 10th, Tru-Cape also happening, I'll be at the Gravel Travel that day

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grabouw is going to be a busy town on the 10th, Tru-Cape also happening, I'll be at the Gravel Travel that day

yeah it was really a tough choice to make, as i said somewhere before, we are really spoiled for choice. There is another event in Riversdale on the same day with some nice prize money, for KOM & winners. so there'll be a nice split of the "elites/pro's" at each event giving the ametuers a nice spot in the limelight. No less than 4 MTB events on the 10th May, then there is still Enduro on Sunday, i suppose it being mothers day on the 11th had something to do with it.

Was disappointed with my time - last year I always finished in the middle of the field at most events

Now drifting to the two thirds mark - was overtaken by a lot of people - very demotivating

Maybe only the fit Lads pitched for the 63 I am telling myself. :w00t:

Better spend more time with my bike or buy a lighter 29 'er

Was disappointed with my time - last year I always finished in the middle of the field at most events

Now drifting to the two thirds mark - was overtaken by a lot of people - very demotivating

Maybe only the fit Lads pitched for the 63 I am telling myself. :w00t:

Better spend more time with my bike or buy a lighter 29 'er

CapeLandy, just learn to Red-line it all the way man! I raised my pain threshold a few notches yesterday and ended up in 10th place, pain is your friend, pain is your friend... :clap:

Edited by BrandonF

So some tips for the organizers to be included for next years event, which I already can't wait for, please add yours,

1. Marshall's to actually point us in the direction will be helpful instead of just waving a flag around,

2. Where there is no clear path, at least 2 or 3 arrows should follow to confirm the correct route to take & let's be honest on the 63km there were many of them.

3. Arrow colours to be something other than white, neon orange perhaps.

4. Bigger arrows (for Copperhead)

I had one or 2 others but i have forgotten them now

Edited by milky4130

So some tips for the organizers to be included for next years event, which I already can't wait for, please add yours,

1. Marshall's to actually point us in the direction will be helpful instead of just waving a flag around,

2. Where there is no clear path, at least 2 or 3 arrows should follow to confirm the correct route to take & let's be honest on the 63km there were many of them.

I had one or 2 others but i have forgotten them now

Think a few riders need glasses :-)

Seriously, maybe the 63km's was not 100%, but the 40km's was actually over marked IMO. I got sick and tired of seeing flags and crosses where they really didn't need them. Was on my own a lot of the way and didn't have any issues.

CapeLandy, just learn to Red-line it all the way man! I raised my pain threshold a few notches yesterday and ended up in 10th place, pain is your friend, pain is your friend... :clap:

Hey.... i came 11th. was a hard race...

Think a few riders need glasses :-)

Seriously, maybe the 63km's was not 100%, but the 40km's was actually over marked IMO. I got sick and tired of seeing flags and crosses where they really didn't need them. Was on my own a lot of the way and didn't have any issues.

rather too many than too few, if too little some will complain as well.

It was a good race for me. I wasn't firing on full power for some reason. I thought it was well organized. Also went wrong once. My own fault for not looking. Missed an arrow. Came in with the first lady. We rode together for about the last 20 kms. Really nice lady and great power. The only thing I could fault was make the arrows bigger. They were too small. Otherwise enjoyed it. Well done to all.

yeah that was the other thing that slipped me mind, the colour of the arrows, not white. Maybe red or that neon orange colour instead.

Who else found the trees jump in front of you through the forest section haha!

Please dont ask, my own stupidity...

Also realised why my back was killing me for 40kms, my saddle rail collapsed, flipping WAR out there Saturday!

Enjoyed every second of it tho

post-17321-0-45005000-1398694698_thumb.jpgpost-17321-0-54917700-1398694744_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrandonF

Who else found the trees jump in front of you through the forest section haha!

Please dont ask, my own stupidity...

Also realised why my back was killing me for 40kms, my saddle rail collapsed, flipping WAR out there yesterday!

Enjoyed every second of it tho

post-17321-0-45005000-1398694698_thumb.jpgpost-17321-0-54917700-1398694744_thumb.jpg

nooit that's hectic Brandon, and the saddle is that the slr xc flow carbon rails or ti or magn?

nooit that's hectic Brandon, and the saddle is that the slr xc flow carbon rails or ti or magn?

Its supposed to be a proper MTB saddle, the SL XC flow manganese rails, I've also realised it had nothing to do with the crash, but actually collapsed due to the bumpy terrain and direct impact of my weight

Its supposed to be a proper MTB saddle, the SL XC flow manganese rails, I've also realised it had nothing to do with the crash, but actually collapsed due to the bumpy terrain and direct impact of my weight

hectic Bro heal up quickly.