[Event] PHILADELPHIA MTB

Annemart

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was nice. i liked the route but the last 10km not so much..

my only real issue was the marking. there were a couple of junctions where i couldn't see any markers and i managed to go wrong 3 times! once was where people seemed to be cutting through rough grass, no obvious path or anything and the markers i could see were right on the edge of the field. i went out there and then the other group disappeared. 2 junctions tho, one there was no sign at all, 2 of us went left then realised it was wrong. you could see a marker about 300m down the track the other way. the other was a road crossing, no sign i could see, marshal on the left stopping traffic and a woman waving her arms but not really making any sense! a cople of us went wrong there too!

it was nice though, shame about the cold start but nice to see another part of the area and the finish atmosphere was nice even if i didnt get anything in the lucky draw :)

Tough day out on the saddle! Eish! Nice meeting some hubbers, Copperhead, Milky, Rydogg, awesome stuff guys! See you at the next race :thumbup:

likewise but hey we met before I bought something from you, I just can't remember what it was.

136km for me round trip, cycle to the race & back. As there was too little climbing in the race I went home via Malanshoogte & got flashbacks of 99er, can't wait to do that race on the thin wheels again.

136km for me round trip, cycle to the race & back. As there was too little climbing in the race I went home via Malanshoogte & got flashbacks of 99er, can't wait to do that race on the thin wheels again.

Milky, that is impressive! to still ride home including some big climbs, after redlining a race! salute man, hat's off. See you at the next one :-)

Milky, that is impressive! to still ride home including some big climbs, after redlining a race! salute man, hat's off. See you at the next one :-)

thanks B, next one will be Houw Hoek & the XCO after that.

So is it just me or does everyone's times seem 10-15min slower?

Btw 2nd consecutive race my result is not showing up.

What a Awesome & fun race, I reckon I lost about 5mins max cause route markings were not that clear. I'll be forwarding the organisers some constructive feedback where they can improve & make this one of the must do events on the MTB'ing calendar.

So is it just me or does everyone's times seem 10-15min slower?

Btw 2nd consecutive race my result is not showing up.

What a Awesome & fun race, I reckon I lost about 5mins max cause route markings were not that clear. I'll be forwarding the organisers some constructive feedback where they can improve & make this one of the must do events on the MTB'ing calendar.

Mine was spot on to my Polar watch. The organisors, I'm sure, will welcome any constructive feedback, just like they did last year. Already big improvement, and definitely a race with huge potential! Again I am amazed that more people take on the longer distance, Go Capetonians! No fear shown! and thx for a lekke race Philadelphia, see you next year if God so spares my life

Edited by BrandonF

Mine was spot on to my Polar watch. The organisors, I'm sure, will welcome any constructive feedback, just like they did last year. Already big improvement, and definitely a race with huge potential! Again I am amazed that more people take on the longer distance, Go Capetonians! No fear shown! and thx for a lekke race Philadelphia, see you next year if God so spares my life

oh ok, I just realised now there was a stage that my garmin Wasn't started as I inadvertently stopped it trying to start it.

saw a few people riding there and back. seemed like a suicide mission on the way though, those roads are so dark!

saw a few people riding there and back. seemed like a suicide mission on the way though, those roads are so dark!

Was thinking the same when I saw a couple of riders on the back routes of Durbanville, not that busy, but no yellow lines either..

Hardly just went off road when we heard vehicles approach from behind. Also we were 5 & then 2 more joined along the way each +1000 lumens lights on front & bright lights on the rear. No way a driver cannot see us, that time of the morning only vehicles on the road were you driving to the race.

i saw one person on their own. could see the lights from a distance but not what they were til i was really close. saw a group though, that was a much safer option!

thanks B, next one will be Houw Hoek & the XCO after that.

Milky, what XCO race are you referring to, and when is it please?

They should send in more cows next yr, there was a whole couple of acres with thorns. Bless the stans in my wheels i didnt get a puncture, but i saw a LOT of ppl slogging away at repairing punctures (i even forgot my bombs and tools in the car). Nice little route and didnt struggle with markings, but then we were in the first 1/3 on the 40km so could follow ppl constantly. At one point i took a "short cut" on the side of the road to avoid the sand and shyte on me, both wheels were instantly covered in 100's of thorns, spent a good 2 minutes just picking them out and letting stans do its job.

Sandy patches did get a bit much and somehow i got bored of the single track next to the river, i guess being 10th in line didnt make me enjoy it as much as i constantly had to watch that the guy in front of me didnt stop. And the flies at the end ruined it a bit for me.... but must say i expected more farm roads so was prepared for a faster race and the route was surprisingly different, def one i will do next yr again.