Giro del Capo Race report

DavidB

You drink coffee on your indoor trainer?

I couldn't do that on my rollers!

You wouldnt know until u try... ps - setup a video camera so we can see the results

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You drink coffee on your indoor trainer?

I couldn't do that on my rollers!

You wouldnt know until u try... ps - setup a video camera so we can see the results

If you pay me I will...

Does anyone know much about the prang 15km into the race?

I have a mate with a possible cracked shoulder and a wheel in 15 pieces on the side of the road.

yup i was in it' date='was big pile up happened somewhere mid bunch,lots of guys lying on the road afterwards,some guys got back to the bunch,apparently there was two more crashes up the road,saw two tekton guys go to hospital,duncan viljoen didnt look good
[/quote']

EISH! Ouch You Ok?

Any idea what happened, or is Auctionlamb on the money?

yup im fine thanks,just a few smallish roasties,cracked my helmet in half so just going to doc just now to chec my kop still worksWinkhad to change bikes and then pedals so lost lots of time,got going again but was way too far back and had to get into carCrysh@t happens,not sure what happened but everyone was very nervous and there was lots of sharp braking etc,duno who went down 1st  but i was mid pack and slowed down to about 20km/h and then went into the back of a belgian

I know the only way to get big time cycling experience is to ride a big tour. But seriously there are riders in that peleton that have hardly  been able to stay in a main Elite bunch or are able to even  stay with the Big Guns. And they are racing a tour with no known experience.... What can   you expect?? except big crashes.!!!!! 

pererace 70 hows charles doing?he didnt look so good when i saw him at the crash?apparently he managed to carry on

pererace 70 hows charles doing?he didnt look so good when i saw him at the crash?apparently he managed to carry on

Not sure hey Matie. Haven't heard from the guys yet.

I was actually gonna ask if any of our guys were in the crash, but you answered for me! I'll keep you posted on how we're doing when I find out.

charlie doing ok. His wheel is broken in half. he will ride 2moro. A Konica guy rode into him from behind when the crash was in front of him..

charlie doing ok. His wheel is broken in half. he will ride 2moro. A Konica guy rode into him from behind when the crash was in front of him.

Just chatted to him now.. if he can type he can ride LOL

Something must have happened to MTN.From 4 in the break to 0 is just too weird....

What happened is Barloworld started attacking on the last climb. Then Pfaffenberger went clear. Janse van Rensburg went after him. Later joined by Kachelhoffer and then later four Barloworld riders sans David. And that was the final compostiion down to he line.

MTN were the most alert SA team out there though and did the best of the rest to get 4 in there initially!

Something must have happened to MTN.From 4 in the break to 0 is just too weird....

What happened is Barloworld started attacking on the last climb. Then Pfaffenberger went clear. Janse van Rensburg went after him. Later joined by Kachelhoffer and then later four Barloworld riders sans David. And that was the final compostiion down to he line.

Actually, BW attacked MTN off on the bruggie before the false flats of Bains, so it was actually mostly downhill when they went clear. Brentjens, Nic and Ian lost contact tehre, Lange yo-yo'd, came back in - I saw a few handslings, and then BW continued attacking. King Dave was strong - having to piss against the dominators.

Interesting race today.

the wind seemed calm initially that is why a whole bunch of people (myself included) were caught out at the back. Once the group was gone the bunch at the back was a little edgy and no team wanted to commit to the chase.

Well done to Hanco and Jacques!

Tomorrow is another day. Should be fun.

A bit more on dancraven.com

Wink

No, I was too busy trimming my lamb chops and drinking coffee with long lost buddies at the back of the pack. Will remember to have coffee before the race starts next time....

Embarrassed