Options aside from Mankele

Beast Tech

So every year me and some friends make a mission out to Mankele for a long weekend for some good riding, been there a few times and it really does never disappoint, it's just that we may want a change of scenery, must have the level of single track Mankele does...

We from Johannesburg and don't mind driving 3-4 hours away..

Any suggestions of some places that I may not know about?

Thanks

FUN GAALENS

+1

Its the most amount of fun you can have with your clothes on

If you're going for a long weekend, I'd go the extra distance and head to the Midlands/PMB. By long weekend I take it to mean either the Friday or Monday is taken as leave.

With Karkloof, Cedara, Howick, Cascades and Giba all in a 45km radius of PMB, you really can't go wrong.

what RossW said.

it's on my to-do list, i have yet to ride any of the pmb and surrounding routes. What i have heard an seen, it is worth every km traveled to get there

+1 Its the most amount of fun you can have with your clothes on

cuhkky mate you need to come riding with me, if you think VG is fun ill show you some track that will blow your mind!!!

Thanks for the replies, Van Gaalens is awesome and we go there often but this is a long weekend and we are looking for maximum amount of gradient, hence we need to get out of the city

It is indeed a long weekend, PMB doesn't sound too bad, will look into those places. We shouldn't be too phased about driving the extra distance as long as the riding is worth it

central berg....champagne sports for a round of moer and soek, dragon sports just around the corner(2km) with some awesome trails

Thanks for the replies, Van Gaalens is awesome and we go there often but this is a long weekend and we are looking for maximum amount of gradient, hence we need to get out of the city

It is indeed a long weekend, PMB doesn't sound too bad, will look into those places. We shouldn't be too phased about driving the extra distance as long as the riding is worth it

You really will not regret it! The riding is more than worth it! I'm salivating at the idea.

Actually, you may regret it because after riding in that area, everything is simply bland.

I suggest a B&B in Hilton which will give you quick and easy access to all but Karkloof and Giba. Karkloof will only be a 25 min drive though.

cuhkky mate you need to come riding with me, if you think VG is fun ill show you some track that will blow your mind!!!

Thaba and hakahana could be added but some people say Thaba is too rough, I say Thaba is awesome.

Difficult to know what someone else will think is lekker or not because if they have to walk plenty they will hate it.

VG is well balanced :thumbup:

Mentioned it on another thread this morning. Waterval Boven's a good choice.

How do these trails compare to the singletrack and bush tunnels of Mankele?