Bicyclegear

http://bicyclegear.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Neverland.jpg

This is an amazing trail in Hout Bay. This is just another piece of the puzzle that could get a mountain bike trail built all the way round Table Mountain.

Do you have anymore info as to where exactly this is, possibly a map as well?

Do you have anymore info as to where exactly this is, possibly a map as well?

Above Ruyterplaats...;)

Above Ruyterplaats... ;)

Still not really helping, is it for the Republic of Hout Bay residents only?

The trail is next to the Suikerbossie restaurant...go find it!

Ahhhh.... okay. Nice. know where that goes. Very average, not worth going and riding at all. ;)

The trail is next to the Suikerbossie restaurant...go find it!

It's all great telling us to go find it, but, How long is the trail? Do you start at the restaurant? Is it safe?

I live in Hout Bay and have been riding here for 30 years but have never heard of this trail. Sounds interesting so I will check it out.

I am also in HB and very keen to explore the area! Any riding & info will be appreciated. Looked at entrance to Orange Kloof this morning, and will explore that too. Ran up trail above Bokkemanskloof this morning. That conects up to Constantia Nek and then on to Tokai.

Hout Bay has a number of long mountain bike sections. They are however quite fragmented.

• Pity Orangekloof is out of bounds. They will confiscate your bike if the catch you in the reserve.
  • Karbonkelberg is pretty sketchy.
  • Rocket Road/Sandy Bay loop is fine with a bit of portage.
  • Neverland is fun will add about 10-15 extra minutes to your Rocket Road/Sandy Bay loop
  • Pipe track has just been graded so it is a lot easier than it use to be.
  • Chappies "singletrack" running along side the road is also and option.

Ahhhh.... okay. Nice. know where that goes. Very average, not worth going and riding at all. ;)
    Don't be a such a spoil sport! :D

Hout Bay has a number of long mountain bike sections. They are however quite fragmented.

• Pity Orangekloof is out of bounds. They will confiscate your bike if the catch you in the reserve.
  • Karbonkelberg is pretty sketchy.
  • Rocket Road/Sandy Bay loop is fine with a bit of portage.
  • Neverland is fun will add about 10-15 extra minutes to your Rocket Road/Sandy Bay loop
  • Pipe track has just been graded so it is a lot easier than it use to be.
  • Chappies "singletrack" running along side the road is also and option.

Don't be a such a spoil sport! :D

I've ridden Neverland a few times, it's quite fun a bit short though. One day decided we would ride along the hiking trail/contour towards Orangekloof, was a bit of portage involved but pretty cool.

Also possible to ride from East Fort up towards Blackburn Ravine.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a rumor that a mtb trail is to be built around Table Mountain. Will be prolog to Cape Epic Also hiked from behind Ruiterplaats to Malherbe Revine (think that is the name) and then up and around mountain. Way to rocky for a mtb.