RIDE mag at stage 1-Giro Del Capo-pics

wayne's world

Good point-here's a pic-perhaps we'll get an answer!?

Did his bike not turn up or did he have issues riding it?  Curious.

20080304_143302__T4E9310-Edit.jpg

He's been riding this bike for at least a few weeks now' date=' since I saw him at the last league ride. I asked him what the story was and he says yes it's a Prototype of the '09 frame... He seemed especially proud of the rear dropouts!

Also, think about it - Raleigh are getting the exact response they were hoping for with this bike. Three different threads have mentioned Dave's "special" frame...
[/quote']

Its a pity that he needs a "special" frame. Why couldnt he just ride the 08 bike like the rest. And it didnt really help him in the end...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point-here's a pic-perhaps we'll get an answer!?

Did his bike not turn up or did he have issues riding it?  Curious.

He's been riding this bike for at least a few weeks now' date=' since I saw him at the last league ride. I asked him what the story was and he says yes it's a Prototype of the '09 frame... He seemed especially proud of the rear dropouts!

Also, think about it - Raleigh are getting the exact response they were hoping for with this bike. Three different threads have mentioned Dave's "special" frame...
[/quote']

if you read on the Raleigh site they say they've got a set of dropp-outs for each frame size and not thos adjustable ones all the other carbon frames use.

I just hope they change the colour scheme. Even the bikes shop struggle to sell the yellow ones at a special price.

Its a pity that he needs a "special" frame. Why couldnt he just ride the 08 bike like the rest. And it didnt really help him in the end...

I don't think so. If I was offered to use a Prototype frame I would too, and I'm sure so would you. He obviously gives good feedback regarding bike setup for the engineers...

nice picks wayne - really makes me want to go out and ride my bike!

i am sure Procycling would be happy to take some off your hands - especially the one with the crash.

I don't think so. If I was offered to use a Prototype frame I would too' date=' and I'm sure so would you. He obviously gives good feedback regarding bike setup for the engineers...
[/quote']

I would not ride a prototype in the biggest race of the year. Unless I'm not happy with my current bike...Shocked

Although it's not as though he just got it, he's been riding it for a while.

I'm sure they wouldn't give him a frame that's half done or gonna break or anything.

I think it's the way it should be. There should be more prototypes around the pro (even the local-pro) scene.

I would not ride a prototype in the biggest race of the year. Unless I'm not happy with my current bike...Shocked

Why not? they ride them with experimental groupset in the TdF and other grand tours.