Alternative to Spez shoes

Underachiever

Hi hubbers

Been riding with Spez shoes (road and MTB) for a number of years and found them to be really great. The wider toe box works perfectly for my slightly wider feet.

BUT

I am looking for other options

What brands offer the same wider options? - pity that Sidi is not one of them :-(

I went from Speaz to Gaerne and have been really happy, the toe box actually has more room.

contact me for deals on them if you're interested

Why the move from Spez.?

Sidi has the Mega option.

Also, I've heard that the .5 sizes (if you can find them) are essentially wider with more room.

Shimano was always recommended as a 'roomy' shoes but I can't confirm this.

Edited by Thomo

I only roll with Sidi

Highly recommended

Consider the mega option for platvoete

Hi-jack. Any reason not to switch to Spaz? I'm considering an S-Works road as an alternative to my Sidi Ergo's.

Hi-jack. Any reason not to switch to Spaz? I'm considering an S-Works road as an alternative to my Sidi Ergo's.

Nope, really great shoes. I am just looking for more options than white/red/black colours.

I went from Speaz to Gaerne and have been really happy, the toe box actually has more room.

+1 Can't say enough good things about Gaerne. Have 2 sets of road shoes and just lost my mtb shoes (aka they were in a bag that was 'redistributed'). I've got hobbit feet and not had issues with these, also sizing is spot on.

Good to see they are getting more coverage over here, think there must be a new agent.

Edit: apparently the are all handmade in Italy, so your Mrs will appreciate the craftmanship when you blow more on shoes than she does!

Edited by hellocolour

Spaz have the BG design with varus wedge which is great for the knees and leg alignment, not sure if any other shoes have the same?

Been riding with the Giro Code MTB shoes and they have been great and well priced. Mavic just too narrow and Spez just a tad too wide. Giro Guage are also an option.