Fox CTD Evo oil leak (first ride)

worriesnot

Hey Guys,

Took the Anthem on her maiden ride this morning. Man! What a machine!

After the ride I noticed some oil sitting on the sag / o-ring.

Is this something to worry about or is it just excess oil from assembly purging out?

I'm a DS noob so appreciate any guidance on this.

post-51269-0-91430200-1400403030_thumb.jpg

this is normal as piston is coated each time in a small layer of oil enjoy the bike I have one and they are great quick on the climbs and trails

Congrats on the bike. You'll see the same thing on every ride. Just give it a good clean and off you go!

Worriesnot, that is normal and should happen on the first couple rides. Its a bit of assembly grease that is on the inside of the seals/wiper and some residual oil.

Be concerned (as No Calves points out) when there is ALOT of oil and a big mess in that area - then a seal is leaking or has failed.

The other one to look out for is when it goes completely dry - then the Float fluid is no more. Critical to have that sorted out as it will then start to damage the shock.

Enjoy the new bike!

Get the same after every ride and there is nothing to worry about as everyone has said above... its normal and just needs a wipe after every ride.