Sondela MTB race - with ss

mrwiskers11

Hi guys I would like to thank all the girls and boys from Sondela for a great race this weekend! I can surely suggest it to any ss rider as the terrain is nice and flat but also quite fast..... and the sandy patches are real trickypost-47123-1400477818,1522.jpg

I have to say I was a bit frustrated with that fast open downhill start. I sat there spinning like a top and it still felt as if the whole group went by. The sand was OK on the S/S. What would be an ideal 29er ratio for riding Sonela in your opinion?

:thumbdown: 32/16 at least .

I am just afraid that the sand will break the momentum and will force me to stop and start each time^_^

I am just afraid that the sand will break the momentum and will force me to stop and start each time^_^

I cycle there a bit and find 32/16 to be perfect for me . Speed is your friend , there is not enough sand to bring you to a stop on the trails there .

I cycle there a bit and find 32/16 to be perfect for me . Speed is your friend , there is not enough sand to bring you to a stop on the trails there .

will definitely try it next time.! I unfortunately I had a few nearmisses as other riders came down quite hard on the sandy turns then forcing the slower pace

will definitely try it next time.! I unfortunately I had a few nearmisses as other riders came down quite hard on the sandy turns then forcing the slower pace

And if you want to practice go do a few Babaas Lodge races . Also good for 32/16 (unless your name is Jules) and also lots of nice sand to fall in .

And if you want to practice go do a few Babaas Lodge races . Also good for 32/16 (unless your name is Jules) and also lots of nice sand to fall in .

coolB)

Hi guys I would like to thank all the girls and boys from Sondela for a great race this weekend! I can surely suggest it to any ss rider as the terrain is nice and flat but also quite fast..... and the sandy patches are real tricky

...generally not ideal for SS...

SS any time any place.... and twice on sundays:lol:

Preaching to the converted. Loose the suspension, then we'll chat :clap: .

As divernick says though. Inclines are generally better as thats what you gear towards. Downhills are always fun. Flat - spin spin spin.

I used 36x18. I was wondering what would work for Babas' since will be my next S/S race. Sounds like 36x18 is good (since I am not Jules).