Can you get replacement 11t cassette cogs?

Skylark

Anyone know if you can you get replacement 11t cassette cogs on their own, either SRAM or Shimano is fine and the price thereof. My chain slips on the 11t under power when in the small 26t ring up front , 2x10.

I don't typically cross chain like that but every now and then in some situations I'll gear down onto the 11t and then I really need it and it slips, had a few sketchy situations.

Tried a 11t from a spare new cassette and that solved the problem but now I need a spare 11t cog to replace it.

Are you sure it's slipping on the chainring and not the free hub. I successfully managed to machine my splines on my freehub at the 11t section as a result of a combination of my end cap not being on tight enough and a steel vs ALU power challenge....I wish I could say it was my powerful legs.. But it was just my poor tightening

Edited by Stretch

You can buy them seperatley for changing between 11 and 12, but yea, check your deraileur setup, a newer cog on a stretched chain will not work 90% of the time

Edited by DeFconOK

As flowta mentioned a new 11t solved the problem, just need another one to replace the one I took from my spare cassette, anyone know how much they are about? I'll keep in mind reducing the b tension screw, I think I gave that a try when the issue cropped up a while back, it's only now that I need to use the cassette I stole the 11t off, the original worn 11t cog slipped even with a brand new chain, the splines on my free hub are still good.

He's already said if he tries a new one the problem goes away

90%...depends on your chain

90%...depends on your chain

New chain did not help, can't remember b tension adjustment helping , new 11t cog sorted it out.

I changed the cog back to the old one yesterday and it started slipping again.

new chain on a old cassette wont work if the cassette is chowed up.

I found some 9 speed 11tooth cogs today, buy the guys say they where ordered a while back so not sure if they're still available or in ten speed, best would be to get your shop to contact suppliers.

Or put your new chain and cassette on.

When you set B tension get that jocky wheel right up on the granny gear, make sure it dosn't mess up the shift at the top tho

You could also just ask the guys at a shop for some old cogs, that are still resonabley unworn.

Go to your nearest LBS ask them to scratch around in their scrap bin off a replaced casette.

Just an update, I bought a couple of 16t from this site eventually: http://www.rosebikes.com/products/bike-parts/cassettes/10-speed/10-speed/?applicationarea=undefined&brand=764&sex=undefined&order=topseller&count=16&page=2

They have all the spare bits you might need... Shipping is expensive, but at least stuff is available. I can't believe no-one has thought to carry cassette spares locally... Seems like a very cost effective option to replace worn sprockets vs whole cassettes....

Just an update, I bought a couple of 16t from this site eventually: http://www.rosebikes...count=16&page=2

They have all the spare bits you might need... Shipping is expensive, but at least stuff is available. I can't believe no-one has thought to carry cassette spares locally... Seems like a very cost effective option to replace worn sprockets vs whole cassettes....

I'll remember this the next time I do a 40/41/42 cassette conversion.