Rock Shox Revelation Fork Travel for Pyga

LouisS

Bought a Rock Shox Revelation (29" Tapered) 140 mm travel for a Pyga Oneten29. Pyga suggests a 120-130mm travel fork for this frame so I had the travel changed to 120 mm. Exposed stanchions now measure 115 mm?? Should I be concerned and have it changed back to 140 mm?

Travel is always an approximate measurement, but it's possible that there's a 25mm spacer in there instead of a 20mm. Nothing to stress about though, alhough IMO more travel is always better...

Droo, seeing as it's always a good idea to ask the expert: I mentioned to LouisS this morning that due to the effect of the negative air spring, one won't have a full 120mm of exposed stanchions showing anyway because the fork sits slightly into its travel at rest - that's a correct statement, right?

Mayhem, he's more on the XC riding side, so I reckon 120mm suits his needs perfectly :thumbup:

Droo, seeing as it's always a good idea to ask the expert: I mentioned to LouisS this morning that due to the effect of the negative air spring, one won't have a full 120mm of exposed stanchions showing anyway because the fork sits slightly into its travel at rest - that's a correct statement, right?

Mayhem, he's more on the XC riding side, so I reckon 120mm suits his needs perfectly :thumbup:

The negative spring's designed so there should be as much travel available as it says on the box, but there can be a bit of variation.

Fox uses a dual stage coil system which can be a few mm out either way at different pressures. RS dual air systems should pack down a few mm when the negative spring's set properly, and their new solo air system relies on a port in the stanchion to set the negative spring, much like a rear air shock, so they should be pretty consistent.

My dual air rev always loses 5mm travel from the negative air spring, was 10mm before I replaced the seals.

I've seen a couple 110 with 140mm forks on the front and those guys only raved about it. I'd leave it if i were you.

If your fork's a dual air, get it set back to 140 - then by adjusting the negative spring pressure you can set the travel anywhere you want. Best of all worlds.

What about the integrity of the frame with the extra travel? Doesn't it slacken out the head angle and introduce unplanned stress on the frame? Warranty?

Keep the 140mm. You will love it! I'm light and use all of my 130mm. You will go full speed at anything...just sucks it up. Trust all the comments about this