[Event] Mabalingwe LionMan

WesselvdWalt

I think I just made the mistake of my life by entering for the 70. It will be my first Marathon and I am really worried whether I have done the right thing. I am a roadie and used to long times on the bike, but I have limited off road skills. Did the Hakahana 40 last week and the legs was fine afterwards and the technical side was also ok. I am just a little worried about this one. Wish I could see the profile

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If any one wants an entry I have one for the 40km, Think I paid R110. So lets make it a round number R100.00.

Does anyone have any more info on the 70k race? 2 x 2., i'm also hesitant to do the 70k

Anyone know how Lionman compares to Hakahana? I did Hakahana last weekend and had quite a tough day on the bike, did the Walkerville 60km yesterday which I really enjoyed but can't really compare the two. I would assume Lionman is more like Hakahana/Van Gaalens as far as difficulty is concerned?

Anyone know how Lionman compares to Hakahana? I did Hakahana last weekend and had quite a tough day on the bike, did the Walkerville 60km yesterday which I really enjoyed but can't really compare the two. I would assume Lionman is more like Hakahana/Van Gaalens as far as difficulty is concerned?

It is said to be one of the tougher Marathons in or around the Gauteng area. It would probably be right up there with Hakahana and VG.

Number pick up? Have anyone received confirmation emails

As per the last Advendurance email on 25 June:

Registration: Mabalingwe - Fri 18/07 16:00 - 19:00 & Sat 19/07 06:00 - 09:00

The Lionman 70k MAY not be the best race to chose for your first 70k MTB race. :whistling:

Eish! Now I am worried

There is a reason why "Lioman" is in the race title......

Ag nee man, julle maak my bang. Ek bly sommer by die huis

Still no profile?

I would guess the guy riding the route took a dive on one on the descents and smashed the Garmin being used for the profile !! :w00t: :eek: (joke)

The guys are going out there this week to put the finishing touches on.

As it currently stands:

Marathon - 71km - 1209m Ascent

Half - 40km - 426m Ascent

20km - 21km - 245m Ascent

10km - 9km - 47m Ascent

Can you confirm what the actual distances are?

http://allterrain.co.za/ai1ec_event/mabalingwe-lion-man-mountain-bike-race/?instance_id=

he Bela Bela Lion Man Mountain Bike Race will take you through the rolling hills of the Big 5, Mabalingwe Game Reserve. Choose between the 40km race (recommended for younger cyclists and families) or the 80km race or 115km Ultra Marathon for more experienced cyclists.

http://www.sa-venues.com/events/limpopo/mabalingwe-lion-man-mountain-bike-race/

The Bela Bela Lion Man Mountain Bike Race will take you through the rolling hills of the Big 5, Mabalingwe Game Reserve.

Choose between the 40km race (recommended for younger cyclists and families) or the 80km race or 115km Ultra Marathon for more experienced cyclists.