Rant: Misleading ads - or outright lies.

greatwhite

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys Just a quickie. (Not sure if I'm in the right place)

R1285.00 is this a fair price for Shimano SLX M666. Front only.

When told me they had the "SLX" at this price I was under the impression they would be SLX M675 which if I'm reading correctly the M675 are the latest SLX's & the M666 is from 2012.

So have I been ripped off or am I reading too much into the codes?

Thanks in advance.

From what I remember they are basically identical in all respects apart from the colour being very slightly different.

Price is a bit high though as they are technically old stock.

You have most definitely been ripped sir. Slx brakeset is about R2200 front and rear without rotors. So R1280 for the m666 os way too much as these are the previous generartion.

As for the second part. Slx is slx. You may or may not be right in expecting the newest version depensing.

Thanks a mill!

If they are basically the same, then I'll try negotiate a decent price for the rear set considering it is older stock.

Edited by Mikon

i advertised a dual sus 29er a while ago. i did not do my homework and asked way too little. i had 10 calls in 5 hours. most guys oferred less (really? ) and some guys offerred a lot more...like R4000 more. i kept the deal strictly at my price on a first pay first take basis. the point is...buyers also muddy the water.

i advertised a dual sus 29er a while ago. i did not do my homework and asked way too little. i had 10 calls in 5 hours. most guys oferred less (really? ) and some guys offerred a lot more...like R4000 more. i kept the deal strictly at my price on a first pay first take basis. the point is...buyers also muddy the water.

It's THE HUB, the water will always be clear as mud.

This is a very irritating and unethical trait. I have seen retailers so the same thing, whereby the "was" price is inflated to make the discount appear larger - I am not naming names .I'm sure this has been raised on the Hub before though.