Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

Guest notmyname

Crazy stuff man. It's pure greed that we are witnessing. (Drop the heia and fix kings kloof)

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF!!!!

So I was swindled out of R40 at the gate that was meant for Hero???

I am interested to know if the land owner was aware of the agreement with Hero at the time of purchase? If indeed he was, i would hazard a guess that he thought " I will sort it out once I own the property" Seems the new landowner is trying creative ideas to get his hands on the income that is legally Hero's.

TBH, I have a bad taste in my mouth when I get swindled at the expense of others. That park is awesome, and I ride there more often than not, but perhaps I wil go back to Frequenting Avianto till the dust has settled.

Pity Darren has to be on the wrong end of my decision. I believe strongly in paying to use trails, because i know that money is going straight back into my experience as a rider, this is evident in the work that was put in at Heia. Also in opening Hobby park etc. Having these funds stolen from me does not sit well at all.

Guest notmyname

Is there any kind of intellectual property law that could apply to the trails? Worst case, if Hero looses the venue is the owner able to just use the trails he has effectively stolen from Hero?

*not sure if this is just drivel I'm creating.. sorry.

Will need a lawyer to comment, as it's all in the wording of the existing exclusive use agreement that is in place.

According to D-flip's post if the court upholds the pre existing agreement, it's pretty well written.

Perhaps this whole debacle is is because of buyer's remorse?

Some serious bull****, right here. 

It seems that the Heia landowners are becoming greedy and want to cash in on HAP's success. Let's just hope that HAP can be assisted in enforcing the judgment in their favour and get things sorted. It would probably be fair to say that the relationship between HAP and the landowner(s) is far from amicable. 

It's sad to say, but I would not pay R40 at the gate and another R40 at reception. Just not going to happen. 

Is there any kind of intellectual property law that could apply to the trails? Worst case, if Hero looses the venue is the owner able to just use the trails he has effectively stolen from Hero?

*not sure if this is just drivel I'm creating.. sorry.

No, I think it's less complicated than that. There are clear rights given to tenants leasing land or access to land. So this will either be a tenant relationship, or a pure contractual relationship. 

I can't remember the rights specifically, but there is something about "unrestricted access to the use of the property for the intended purpose", or something like that. If they are restricting access by way of an extra entrance fee, I would guess that is not legal. 

Alternatively, the contract will dictate the rights.

Considering they have taken it to court, I'm sure they have lawyers looking into it, and without the contract its impossible to speculate.

Edit to add: Selling a property does not cancel a tenant agreement. The agreement remains in place under the same terms.

Will need a lawyer to comment, as it's all in the wording of the existing exclusive use agreement that is in place.

According to D-flip's post if the court upholds the pre existing agreement, it's pretty well written.

Perhaps this whole debacle is is because of buyer's remorse?

In general, any new property owner has to respect/uphold any lease agreements that existed when purchasing the property. Considering that the High Court ruled in HAP's favour, I'd say that the agreement was properly drafted. 

I'm interested to know whether the agreement is a lease or more along the lines of a vruggebruik (more inclined to the latter). 

So I guess the 'land owner's' we are referring to are In Touch Sports? Surely their professional reputation will be damaged by this beach of legal contract? And if it's not sufficiently damaged, and if I'm hearing the whole truth, then a campaign against In Touch Sports is in order? Or am I being too harsh?

It would be great to have a comment from In Touch Sports on the matter...

You pay twice now chucks...40 bucks at gate for heia, 40 bucks at reception it seems...which makes it 80 bucks per head...

No thanks, unless this is sorted, I will carry on past the turn-off to cradle and go to VG

What R80 to ride there????

Id rather $h!t in my hands and then clap.

Ok i think I am mistaken... I think InTouch Sport are the holding company for Hero Adventure... so who are these 'land owners' whom need to be taken to task @Dflip?

So I guess the 'land owner's' we are referring to are In Touch Sports? Surely their professional reputation will be damaged by this beach of legal contract? And if it's not sufficiently damaged, and if I'm hearing the whole truth, then a campaign against In Touch Sports is in order? Or am I being too harsh?

It would be great to have a comment from In Touch Sports on the matter...

Guest notmyname

What R80 to ride there????

Id rather $h!t in my hands and then clap.

Classic. Hahaha.

I was also swindled into being told by the guy at the gate this Sunday that the R40 I had to pay was a new arrangement by Heia, and that I needn't go to reception as well. 

I hope the the mess gets sorted out...and that I can take to that awesome yellow trail again :(

This is not going to end well!

I stopped visiting Heia Safari, and rather support Hero @ the Hobby Park Krugersdorp.

I strongly believe the new landowner does not know how bad his reputation already is and he will feel the consequences very soon.

Agree with this. I for one will not support Heia Safari if they work HAP out, which is sad because its an amazing venue to train at (cycling and swimming)

Do what modderfontein does... On a Saturday and Sunday, pitch an umbrella and a table outside the main gate with your number boards and indemnities, and let people hop straight onto the yellow route there where it joins up with the main road...

And everyone can just Park their cars along that dirt road, and if they block up the entrance to Heia, then they had it coming...

Guest notmyname

Do what modderfontein does... On a Saturday and Sunday, pitch an umbrella and a table outside the main gate with your number boards and indemnities, and let people hop straight onto the yellow route there where it joins up with the main road...

And everyone can just Park their cars along that dirt road, and if they block up the entrance to Heia, then they had it coming...

That would only make the sad situation worse.

Archived