Mugged and Robbed

FrancoisC

Walking to the office from the Gautrain station this morning, Mr. Often-Spotted-Velcro-Crested-Wallet-Snatcher in front of me suddenly stops, turns around, jabs a knife in my ribs, while 4 grab me from behind, put a knife to my throat, and start going through my pockets.

So instinct takes over and I start fighting back, but its too late - They have my Blackberry(work phone) AND my Samsung personal cellphone AND empty out my wallet, and chuck it in my face before getting away.

I am proud to report I fought like a tiger to prevent them from taking my backpack - which contains the laptop (works).

So the body is lekker eina and stiff - feels like I have been in a car accident and my throat is scratched up like a cheating husbands car where the bastard had the knife to my throat.

All in all, a pretty crappy morning. But hey, its not as cold as it was last week!

Added to the whole retrenchment debacle of recent weeks( HELP CARPET THREAD) and this is turning out to be quite a trying month, to say the least.

BUT, I can proudly say that AT LEAST I TRIED TO FIGHT BACK!!!

AND IT FEELS GOOD!!!!

Maybe stupid in hindsight, but when I went bezerk, they backed off and ran!

(Sorry Lord for all the ugly words and names I screamed after them... :cursing: )

So anyway, please someone buy my single speed that I have built up so that I can buy a new phone - mine was not insured! (no lectures please!)

Will post pics soon!

All's well that ends well - still alive, and no serious injuries, thank the Lord.

Be careful out there people - these things happen in the blink of an eye!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking to the office from the Gautrain station this morning, Mr. Often-Spotted-Velcro-Crested-Wallet-Snatcher in front of me suddenly stops, turns around, jabs a knife in my ribs, while 4 grab me from behind, put a knife to my throat, and start going through my pockets.

So instinct takes over and I start fighting back, but its too late - They have my Blackberry(work phone) AND my Samsung personal cellphone AND empty out my wallet, and chuck it in my face before getting away.

I am proud to report I fought like a tiger to prevent them from taking my backpack - which contains the laptop (works).

So the body is lekker eina and stiff - feels like I have been in a car accident and my throat is scratched up like a cheating husbands car where the bastard had the knife to my throat.

All in all, a pretty crappy morning. But hey, its not as cold as it was last week!

Added to the whole retrenchment debacle of recent weeks( HELP CARPET THREAD) and this is turning out to be quite a trying month, to say the least.

BUT, I can proudly say that AT LEAST I TRIED TO FIGHT BACK!!!

AND IT FEELS GOOD!!!!

Maybe stupid in hindsight, but when I went bezerk, they backed off and ran!

(Sorry Lord for all the ugly words and names I screamed after them... :cursing: )

So anyway, please someone buy my single speed that I have built up so that I can buy a new phone - mine was not insured! (no lectures please!)

Will post pics soon!

All's well that ends well - still alive, and no serious injuries, thank the Lord.

Be careful out there people - these things happen in the blink of an eye!

Eish.....glad you are ok.

bastards! good on you for fighting back .. these @$%#$% must realise we will not sit idly by and get robbed blind. where did this happen?

Again - no lectures please - Park Station to Ellis Park in Jhb.

I walk that way often and have never had a problem.

Was late this morning and decided to take the train instead of the car - silly mistake.

Again - no lectures please - Park Station to Ellis Park in Jhb.

I walk that way often and have never had a problem.

Was late this morning and decided to take the train instead of the car - silly mistake.

Thats not a short walk - how long does it normally take you?

Oh, and sorry for the crap you went through - very stressful, esp once the adrenalin subsides.

Thats not a short walk - how long does it normally take you?

Oh, and sorry for the crap you went through - very stressful, esp once the adrenalin subsides.

Its only about 3.2 kays - takes me about 15-20 mins.

Depending on the amount of adrenalin coursing through my pipes...

i am glad that you are sort of ok.hope they catch the bastards

Unfortunately we all know that wont happen.

:cursing:

Glad you are ok. Thank you for sharing. This can help plenty more other people. When you can, please inform us where this took place.... Well done on fighting them off :thumbup:

that's really sucky. i think while we all know that fighting back is not wise, sometimes andrenaline gets the better of you.

glad you're sorta ok - physically at least.

i trust you reported it, which road where you on (nearest intersection) - you'll be suprised downtown joburg is actually rather jacked with CCTV etc.

hope you heal up soon - please consider going to see a trauma counselor ASAP.

all the best!