Tokai Bridle

porqui

Don't know if I should advertise it but two of us rode down Tokai bridle path yesterday and really enjoyed it.

It should be known as the new VASBYT because that is what it is - test of skill and tenacity. (yes I did get off in places - not that skilled)

Yes its rutted and obstacles and saplings on the path and some of the switchbacks suck wheels.

If more use it it might justify repairing it but that would require YOUR labour.

Go and enjoy it preferably not on your own as that path is not oft used.

edit:spelling

Edited by porqui

Nice, the last time I was up there found the same. The ruts just a bit too much though. However how about as an idea maybe on some places piles of sand or somthing can be left to fill in the ruts so that when we do pass we can close them.

Yip, rode it with Porqui yesterday and it was serious fun. Actually a lot better than I expected. It was my favorite trail, and I'm glad its back to being mostly ride able, though not easy by any means.

Think we need to chat to the powers that be and do a build day up there one of these days to clean up a couple sections.

Wasn't the worry up there that it might have more slope slip and carry someone with it?

The main dodgy sections slipped last year, all the dirt blocked some areas of the trail badly, but some of it has now cleared up. On the positive side, it has provided material to do some repairs with!

That is the location of the next CBC consumption build day.

I heard, and if it is as usual the 1st Saturday of July, then I'm going to be away again. I'm starting to feel bad for missing so many build days in a row. How about I pay for the labour of 1 guy? But my beer still goes to Mayhem!

2.5 weeks to next beer day I mean build day - start recruiting now!

If you want to ride bridal path again come build/repair !

If we can clear the Bokkemanskloof/Blue valley hiking trail I can hike-a-bike into Tokai from home

I heard, and if it is as usual the 1st Saturday of July, then I'm going to be away again. I'm starting to feel bad for missing so many build days in a row. How about I pay for the labour of 1 guy? But my beer still goes to Mayhem!

I will be there for sure.

Wish I could actually attend build days!

Hopefully I get the first weekend off one of these months soon, till then I'll continue harassing from above.

Hopefully I'll be there and arrive before the beers this time

Guest Omega Man

You should not feel bad fella. We've all got jobs and lives and wives etc. Everyone should be thankful to you for every build you've attended.