nathrix

152 members have voted

1. 1. Riding the ATTAKWAS EXTREME MTB 2015? (just out of interest)

• NO, won't be able to enter :(
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a SS Rigid!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE with gears!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE SS!!!!

I can see that being a better choice in the second half. Especially those 3-4 rollers I dread.

I geared for that and was recommended by some it's pretty easy ,just the opposite .

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rode it this year on a 32x20 and would probably opt for a 19 if I rode in future.

The last 10k's or so was a bit of a spinfest with that 20.

I am really looking forward to my 4th Atta.  Things are going great injury-wise (touch wood), and the training is coming along nicely.

I have put together a 60km route with about 2100m climbing which is my go-to ride on weekends at the moment.

All the best to all of you for the last 5-6 weeks of training, a few good training sessions can still make a big difference.

I am really looking forward to my 4th Atta.  Things are going great injury-wise (touch wood), and the training is coming along nicely.

I have put together a 60km route with about 2100m climbing which is my go-to ride on weekends at the moment.

All the best to all of you for the last 5-6 weeks of training, a few good training sessions can still make a big difference.

Where in PE are you doing that route? Popped into that cycling store on Heugh Road recently and they were quite vague about trails. 

Agreed, Atta (for me) is much harder than Trans Baviaans as well. 

Thanks now I have to finish it so that I can hold my head up high even after my man completes Trans Baviaans next year ;) 

Where in PE are you doing that route? Popped into that cycling store on Heugh Road recently and they were quite vague about trails. 

Longmore Forest.  It is a pine plantation 45km outside town.  The route I mentioned is not marked.

You can ride a marked trail which starts at Crossways Country Kitchen which will give you 60km with about 1700m of climbing.  Permits are available from the country kitchen.  The trail is called 3 Rivers Trails - http://3riverstrails.co.za

Thanks now I have to finish it so that I can hold my head up high even after my man completes Trans Baviaans next year ;)

Goeie blou hoenner ballas, that is some fast forward thinking.

IMHO I don't think the Atta and TranBav can even remotely be compared.

The Atta is tough tough tough

The TB is just long long long

like I said IMHO

IMHO I don't think the Atta and TranBav can even remotely be compared.

The Atta is tough tough tough

The TB is just long long long

like I said IMHO

In My Hot Opinion

hope weather was as kind as last year, overcast & not to hot. 1st time I rode it never knew what to expect so probably better but now the 2nd time the mind plays tricks, hope the legs rock up on the day. Best 1 day event

Will be my first one.  Did the mini last year, but watching the extreme riders came in, made me decide this is a must do.  :)

Here's me hoping I don't regret that decision.......... too much   :D

Will be my first one.  Did the mini last year, but watching the extreme riders came in, made me decide this is a must do.  :)

Here's me hoping I don't regret that decision.......... too much   :D

Oh no trust me, you will regret it all the way, till they shove the medal in your hand .

Oh no trust me, you will regret it all the way, till they shove the medal in your hand .

O No! 

Are you telling me I am going to have  those :  Why??!!!    Why ???!!! moments the whole race through ?  :D 

Longmore Forest. It is a pine plantation 45km outside town. The route I mentioned is not marked.

You can ride a marked trail which starts at Crossways Country Kitchen which will give you 60km with about 1700m of climbing. Permits are available from the country kitchen. The trail is called 3 Rivers Trails - http://3riverstrails.co.za

This was part of one of the days of the peplett this year. Brutal but very rewarding climbs!

O No! 

Are you telling me I am going to have  those :  Why??!!!    Why ???!!! moments the whole race through ?  :D

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

Archived