26’ Tubeless Tyres

OscarS

Truthfully I've stockpiled a few locally and know Stoke carry limited range but great rubber. Crown cycles had NN's on special last week.

I'm buying online locally (easybike have some good deals at the moment esp on Mtn kings and Hans Dampfs) and will probably get more and more overseas as there is the variety and 26'rs are happily living next to the rest of the wheel sizes.

I'll buy locally online but I'm over going into LBS and poking about in dark corners seeing what they haven't sold rather than roll in and see a range of different tyres that will fit my needs. Most things seem to be 2.1 or 2.2, where are all the 2.35 & 2.4's?

I've currently got a wall of Nobby Nics, Mtn Kings, Hans Dampfs and shipping over some On-one Chunky Monkeys & Smorgasboards to add to the 26'r d-day shed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an unused 2.35 Maxxis High Roller and a very lightly used High Roller. They are both LUST. I'm wanting to sell because the profile is too narrow for Enduro and is much closer to aggressive XC.

One thing I have learned from this thread is that I do not have to worry to much about 26" stock. It's just to get something quickly when you have a crises. Think I will invest in a backup tyre and keep it i the cupboard.

I have an unused 2.35 Maxxis High Roller and a very lightly used High Roller. They are both LUST. I'm wanting to sell because the profile is too narrow for Enduro and is much closer to aggressive XC.

Hey 1979, how much would you like for them? PM me I might be intrested.

Truthfully I've stockpiled a few locally and know Stoke carry limited range but great rubber. Crown cycles had NN's on special last week.

I'm buying online locally (easybike have some good deals at the moment esp on Mtn kings and Hans Dampfs) and will probably get more and more overseas as there is the variety and 26'rs are happily living next to the rest of the wheel sizes.

I'll buy locally online but I'm over going into LBS and poking about in dark corners seeing what they haven't sold rather than roll in and see a range of different tyres that will fit my needs. Most things seem to be 2.1 or 2.2, where are all the 2.35 & 2.4's?

I've currently got a wall of Nobby Nics, Mtn Kings, Hans Dampfs and shipping over some On-one Chunky Monkeys & Smorgasboards to add to the 26'r d-day shed.

Sheesh....!! Making me worry there bud, i was / am under the impression that the market is still and will continue to survive overseas. Therefore i was feeling no need to stockpile, i know the price might be higher to import though but yes as you say i want to choose exactly which tyre fits me best. Not just accept any 26 tyre available here in our LBSs...

Hey 1979, how much would you like for them? PM me I might be intrested.

R500 for the brand new one and R300 for the slightly used one. I can post photos tomorrow.

A bit pricey me thinks... any specials on these coming soon?

Only 2 left after today and ZAR not doing any importer any favours so I doubt it...

Sheesh....!! Making me worry there bud, i was / am under the impression that the market is still and will continue to survive overseas. Therefore i was feeling no need to stockpile, i know the price might be higher to import though but yes as you say i want to choose exactly which tyre fits me best. Not just accept any 26 tyre available here in our LBSs...

Nah, I just pick up when I see what I want so I don't have to go looking for it later. The on-one's are because I really fancy seeing what they are like at the front and the NN's I got recently were only 2.2s so they'll go to the back.

After a while in LBS you do get the feeling that getting 26'r kit will be about as easy as finding an inner tube for a penny farthing fairly soon.

Maybe there is a gap in the market for a 26'r specific shop (that also stocks betamax VCR machines, DAT players and Zipp Drives!).

Nah, I just pick up when I see what I want so I don't have to go looking for it later. The on-one's are because I really fancy seeing what they are like at the front and the NN's I got recently were only 2.2s so they'll go to the back.

After a while in LBS you do get the feeling that getting 26'r kit will be about as easy as finding an inner tube for a penny farthing fairly soon.

Maybe there is a gap in the market for a 26'r specific shop (that also stocks betamax VCR machines, DAT players and Zipp Drives!).

We will be carrying 26" tyres and are expanding the current range soon...

There's loads available,

Check out a better bike store?

I recently bought a maxxis ardent and found I had a massive choice with offerings from kenda, saguaro, continental, schwalbe, maxxis and some Chinese brands.

Gotta ask the okes to go dig in the store room for you ;-)

Hi Naas. Is there any chance you'll be adding Panaracers or Moto Diggers in 2.35 widths to your range?

I visited your website sometime this week and was surprised to see the magic mary in stock (27.5) :)

Would u be stocking similar 26inch tyres, maybe the likes of 2.3/2.4 high Roller II, or generally wider maxxis, schwalbe, conti tyres (I'll keep quiet about wtb,onza and mavics)... Hint-hint Nudge-Nudge....

Maybe if Evobikes starts stocking some of the popular AM tyres then guys including myself, would not be so inclined to look overseas. I don't know, I'm just saying.

I visited your website sometime this week and was surprised to see the magic mary in stock (27.5) :)

Would u be stocking similar 26inch tyres, maybe the likes of 2.3/2.4 high Roller II, or generally wider maxxis, schwalbe, conti tyres (I'll keep quiet about wtb,onza and mavics)... Hint-hint Nudge-Nudge....

Maybe if Evobikes starts stocking some of the popular AM tyres then guys including myself, would not be so inclined to look overseas. I don't know, I'm just saying.

Yeah, if only in 26...

It would be great if you could get some Panaracer Razer XC 26x2.1 450g and Panaracer Speed Blaster 26x1.9 420g. - Best light race tyres I've ever used.