26’ Tubeless Tyres

OscarS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I visited your website sometime this week and was surprised to see the magic mary in stock (27.5) :)

Would u be stocking similar 26inch tyres, maybe the likes of 2.3/2.4 high Roller II, or generally wider maxxis, schwalbe, conti tyres (I'll keep quiet about wtb,onza and mavics)... Hint-hint Nudge-Nudge....

Maybe if Evobikes starts stocking some of the popular AM tyres then guys including myself, would not be so inclined to look overseas. I don't know, I'm just saying.

What? And be like all the other countries where mtb is popular?

You have to be joking.

For the GP guys, I saw the other day CycleLab Fourways had a load of 26" tyres on clearance. Included WTB, Kenda Nevegal, Vredestein Black panther(I think), some Maxiss Monorails, some Geax's . All about R399.

I snap them up whenever I see them. I got a nice heavy Nevegal 2.3 (sealant compatible) for R200 a month or two back. Specialized shops still seem to sell 26" tyres as well although i am not a huge fan of their leaky sidewalls.

Try Specialized Control Ground Control (fr) & Fast Track (rr) or if you need grippy GC fr and rr.

Can get them at Spez stores. If you use a hoodie, cap and dark glasses your mates won't recognise you going in and you'll be ok. Cheap. R420.

OK, my setup now.

I got the monorails at the back and will see how they perform. Was this morning at Revolution Cycles in Cape Town and they fitted the Ground Control in front (looks like a real mean tyre for a front wheel). I also bought an extra Ground Control to keep as a backup. But it seems they have more then enough stock. If the Monorail at the back wash out on the trail, I will replace it with the GC.

I needed to replace both my tyres. Ride through broken bottles on Monday and punctured both tyres (big lost). The one tyre I will keep and see if I can plug it or put a gaiter in. But will keep it as a backup.

Why not buy a 29er. Problem solved. :ph34r:

So yesterday!!

I would start stocking up on 29er tyres soon as 650b's take over.

I'm wanting to sell because the profile is too narrow for Enduro and is much closer to aggressive XC.

In my opinion #Enduro©®™, especially in SA, = Aggressive XC.

In fact some of the jumps drops and rock gardens on the national XCO circuit are tougher than what you would find at most local #Enduro©®™ races. Nothing wrong with that, just deserves a mention.

Plenty 26" tyres in the shops here in Europe.

The 29er craze never took off here.....but the 27.5 sure is.

We have 26er x 2.1 deals on two Vee Mission or Two Vee 6 or a Mission/Vee 6 combo for R670

• 120TPI
  • Tubeless ready
  • Dual compound
  • Folding bead
  • 570 grams each

All the info here:

• 4 years later...

Reviving an old thread. I need some decent front tyres for my 26ers (both of them) Loved Conti Mountain King 2.4. Will take 2.2 if I can get. 

I stocked up on Maxis Crossmark for the back tyres - it's the front that's a problem.

Anyone knows where I can get some decent 26er front tyres that's not R1034 per tyre? 

Thx!

I got some schwalbe nobby nic 26x2.35 in snake skin from Pedalworks in somerset west for R850 a tyre. Think evobikes had them in stock as well

I got some schwalbe nobby nic 26x2.35 in snake skin from Pedalworks in somerset west for R850 a tyre. Think evobikes had them in stock as well

Madness.

Archived