Tokai July Maintenance Day

Guest Omega Man

Looks like it might be a tad wet on Saturday, that's if Tokai hasn't been washed into False Bay by Fridays predicted rain!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx to the guys who did the clay filling et al on DH1 - rode it yesterday evening. The jump before the first big berm is now big enough to make clearing the ditch a piece of cake and the rest is riding beautifully.

Thx to the guys who did the clay filling et al on DH1 - rode it yesterday evening. The jump before the first big berm is now big enough to make clearing the ditch a piece of cake and the rest is riding beautifully.

Yeahhhh...clearing that ditch is a psyco-mind *%$# that can ruin a beautiful run if you blow it...hence the well-worn B line passed the jump at the exit to the berm.....courtesy of yours truly! PS: what about those rocks in the LZ of the berm exit jump, cleverly disguised by a seemingly innocent low profile, but just waiting to rumple your rims? Edit don't say "Go bigger" there's stout trees just yonder standing by to put an end to any errant aerial displays!

Edited by capediver

Yeahhhh...clearing that ditch is a psyco-mind *%$# that can ruin a beautiful run if you blow it...hence the well-worn B line passed the jump at the exit to the berm.....courtesy of yours truly! PS: what about those rocks in the LZ of the berm exit jump, cleverly disguised by a seemingly innocent low profile, but just waiting to rumple your rims? Edit don't say "Go bigger" there's stout trees just yonder standing by to put an end to any errant aerial displays!

I'll say it - put more air in your tyres and float like a butterfly over those rocks :-)

So my baby sitter (godmother) just called and said she's decided to stay in the cedarberg for a bit longer. And my OH is off on squash squad training (WP squash team) for the morning. So I'm out. Pleeeease swing a few spades / hoes / picks in anger on my behalf, and smash the CBC. Gutted.

So my baby sitter (godmother) just called and said she's decided to stay in the cedarberg for a bit longer. And my OH is off on squash squad training (WP squash team) for the morning. So I'm out. Pleeeease swing a few spades / hoes / picks in anger on my behalf, and smash the CBC. Gutted.

Is anybody going to be there if this weather stays the same?

AAAHh! what a build day - HAIL and -5*C but fun was had by all and a lot was done by the 3 of us!

If I can now twist the arms of the powers that be that next build also be spent on Switchbacks we will be able to declare it officially open - meanwhile some of us will be enjoying it.

Headshot we have instituted a toll fee and we are waiting for a sixpack x3

Edited by porqui

Guest Omega Man

AAAHh! what a build day - HAIL and -5*C but fun was had by all and a lot was done by the 3 of us!

If I can now twist the arms of the powers that be that next build also be spent on Switchbacks we will be able to declare it officially open - meanwhile some of us will be enjoying it.

Sorry I couldn't make it. Bit fluey and I'm not prepared to take a chance 3 weeks from my trip. Well done for going tho boys. You earn your cred on days like that.

Edited by Omega Man

nice work on dh2 as well. That rock drop half way down caught me off guard this morning, only realised that it was twice the size that it used to be once I was off the lip. Luckily there wasnt a new landing. And that new berm and jump is rad!!!

Excellent guys I'll look for the toll booth when I ride it again - sorry, had to take the family away for a few days - it being school hols and all. Much drier but pretty much just as cold in the Southern Cape.

Pitching up on a day with weather like that-kudos! I have been down and out with bronchitis since the beginning of the month, hence me being rather scarce. Extra beers next time to the 3 that pitched!

Guest Omega Man

Pitching up on a day with weather like that-kudos! I have been down and out with bronchitis since the beginning of the month, hence me being rather scarce. Extra beers next time to the 3 that pitched!

We're building this weekend again......

Road Switchbacks for the first time today since the repairs. The top section is much improved , especially the switches, some of the water runoffs we created are a little pronounced, but they will wear in with a bit of use. We didn't repair the lower half, but with all the vegetation I removed you can can at least whats coming round the corner and choose a better line.

I will be giving it another go in the morning.

Guest Omega Man

A big huge giant thanks to the guys that came out to build today.

We've installed a qualifying feature on DH1. A 2 foot drop that you HAVE to hit to enter the track. This is pretty much standard practice on overseas tracks where the first feature on the track sets your expectations for the rest of the track.