Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

I need some help from the seasoned users of Cycleops Virtual Training

I linked up my system (Tacx Boshido Smart) and everything except the handlebar controller are working fine with one issue.

My issues:

1. How do I connect the handlebar controller. I can see it on the system but it stays on "Connecting"

2. Must I calibrate the braking system - Where and how. Currently it's way out as I am unable to push the peddles at anything from 3% gradient. The brake is way out

I did sent a request to CycleOps support but still waiting for a response

Once this is sorted I can join the weekly races "Pain Caves"

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I linked up my system (Tacx Boshido Smart) and everything except the handlebar controller are working fine with one issue.

My issues:

1. How do I connect the handlebar controller. I can see it on the system but it stays on "Connecting"

2. Must I calibrate the braking system - Where and how. Currently it's way out as I am unable to push the peddles at anything from 3% gradient. The brake is way out

I'm not familiar with the tacx so it's difficult to comment.

If you are logged into the latest cyclops VT program then your handle bar controller should not be involved as the VT program is used to control things via your laptop / iPad / tablet or whatever you use.

Your issue with calibration sounds like a tacx issue and not with the CVT program.Does the tacx have its own calibration function? Hopefully some other tacx users can help. The customer support at CVT is normally quite helpful and should reply within a day or 2 at the latest.

The CVT calibration function can be selected from the screen menu usually a blue button just below the green button that starts the ride or race (on the desktop app, not sure about the tablet apps). Typically the calibration should be done before starting a ride or race.

My issues:

I've also got a Tacx, just the cheaper Vortex Smart, and it works perfectly with the VirtualTraining software.

I just calibrate it before every ride, as SwissVan said there is a blue button below the green Start race or similar. It then asks you to ride at a bit over 30km/h for about 30s, then stop pedaling, and you should be sorted.

Some people say you should just ride for a few minutes before you do the calibration, to warm up the tyre and such, but I jumped on my bike and did the calibration with seconds to spare to make last night's race, and I can't say that it felt any different.

I can't say about the handlebar controller - I use a netbook that is small enough to rest on the Tacx tablet stand, until the ride/race starts at which point I quickly put it down on the coffee table next to me. Hopefully the support team can help you with this.

If you are logged into the latest cyclops VT program then your handle bar controller should not be involved as the VT program is used to control things via your laptop / iPad / tablet or whatever you use.

This is correct but you will still need that in a free ride or interval training where you need to change the power. Not a major issue and can be sorted with a wireless mouse

Your issue with calibration sounds like a tacx issue and not with the CVT program.Does the tacx have its own calibration function? Hopefully some other tacx users can help. The customer support at CVT is normally quite helpful and should reply within a day or 2 at the latest.

Yes Tacx have its own calibration process in the TTS 4 software - there it works perfectly. This must be an issue with the CVT software and Tacx trainer. Hopefully CVT Support can sort this

The CVT calibration function can be selected from the screen menu usually a blue button just below the green button that starts the ride or race (on the desktop app, not sure about the tablet apps). Typically the calibration should be done before starting a ride or race.

I saw this function but its not highlighted so does not work. 

Thanks for your quick response

I've also got a Tacx, just the cheaper Vortex Smart, and it works perfectly with the VirtualTraining software.

I just calibrate it before every ride, as SwissVan said there is a blue button below the green Start race or similar. It then asks you to ride at a bit over 30km/h for about 30s, then stop pedaling, and you should be sorted.

Some people say you should just ride for a few minutes before you do the calibration, to warm up the tyre and such, but I jumped on my bike and did the calibration with seconds to spare to make last night's race, and I can't say that it felt any different.

I can't say about the handlebar controller - I use a netbook that is small enough to rest on the Tacx tablet stand, until the ride/race starts at which point I quickly put it down on the coffee table next to me. Hopefully the support team can help you with this.

Thanks a lot. i am sure it's just a setting somewhere that I missed. As indicated to Swissvan I saw the button but its not highlighted so does not work. Will try again tonight  Thanks

Which trainer did you select on setup. I used Tacx Smart Trainer

Thanks a lot. i am sure it's just a setting somewhere that I missed. As indicated to Swissvan I saw the button but its not highlighted so does not work. Will try again tonight  Thanks

Which trainer did you select on setup. I used Tacx Smart Trainer

I believe I also selected Tacx Smart Trainer.

The Bushido is the one that is self-powered, right? Perhaps the application is not yet picking up the trainer at the point where it decide which buttons to enable? Most likely an issue with the program itself, else the same problem would present itself on the Tacx software.

Thanks Guys - just had a response from CVT Support

They don't support the TACX handlebar controller as yet. Update will be available soon.

They also send me a PDF file with steps to follow on how to do the calibration. Will try tonight to sort out.

This is correct but you will still need that in a free ride or interval training where you need to change the power. Not a major issue and can be sorted with a wireless mouse

Yes Tacx have its own calibration process in the TTS 4 software - there it works perfectly. This must be an issue with the CVT software and Tacx trainer. Hopefully CVT Support can sort this

I saw this function but its not highlighted so does not work. 

Thanks for your quick response

In Free ride and most of the training modes there are 2 buttons  - and + which should be visible and which you click on to decrease or increase the power, typically it will start at 100W and then as you ride you click the buttons to change the resistance (watts). These 2 buttons are on the lower left part of the screen (On the desk top app) see pic below.

You can change the setting from Watts to incline in your CVT settings menu and also select the increment size of each click.

post-182-0-82581000-1456410554_thumb.png

Might be worth checking that you have the latest version of the software, normally it notifies you when there is an update so u should have it.

Lol, Swiss, while you are nice and safe up there in Switz, you're causing a fliipping handbag fight down here. 

Què? Why whats happening...

Archived