Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Hi if I want to join next week's race how do I find it on the online races?

Sorry dont want to go through all these pages.

Thanks

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi if I want to join next week's race how do I find it on the online races?

Sorry dont want to go through all these pages.

Thanks

If you select the online race tab it should show you a list of upcoming races. Make sure you have the latest version software though

Hey

Before i go to the hassle of dealing with classifieds and uploading pictures, i thought i would check on this thread of online racing maniacs to see if anyone wanted to buy a powertap hub and cpu and all the bits?

i have 2 sets , both in good shape,freshly serviced and with all the bits and bobs.

PM me of you keen!

skadonk101@yahoo.co.uk

If not- look forward to the next thrashing online.

When is the next online race?

I am now kitted and ready to go.

There always races on the go from all around the planet which any CVT member can join

See the screen shot of the current schedule (note the American date format)

Nothing scheduled at the moment from bikehubbers

I suspect the usual hub suspects are all putting in massive secret training for the winter season

post-182-0-08880000-1454932044_thumb.png

Hi Hubbers, 

I'm working on a marketing campaign for one of the major road races in SA. We're thinking of doing a 'online virtual race' of the route to build some hype and reward participants with some decent prizes, free entries, accommodation etc.

Questions are:

1. Would anyone be interested in participating?

2. Who do I speak to for this to get setup (i.e. BicyclePower gents)?

3. Any no-go's and things to look out for?

Any replies or suggestions on what you would like to see welcome!

Thanks.

There always races on the go from all around the planet which any CVT member can join

See the screen shot of the current schedule (note the American date format)

Nothing scheduled at the moment from bikehubbers

I suspect the usual hub suspects are all putting in massive secret training for the winter season

attachicon.gifCapture1.PNG

Hi SwissVan

I have ridden a race online. I was just hoping that I could race the Hub as this was a big thing last year.

I have registered for Jaco-fiets's race on Thursday night

Hi SwissVan

I have ridden a race online. I was just hoping that I could race the Hub as this was a big thing last year.

I have registered for Jaco-fiets's race on Thursday night

Ok cool

I'm tempted to do Jaco's race on Thursday but I also need to finish the current cycleops challenge and have one climb left, not sure how much time is left to do it but maybe we see u at Jaco's ????

Ok cool

I'm tempted to do Jaco's race on Thursday but I also need to finish the current cycleops challenge and have one climb left, not sure how much time is left to do it but maybe we see u at Jaco's

Should be about 5 days left. I had to do the Col d'Izoard a second time, as the application crashed on me the first time, so I still have three left. No idea where I will squeeze that in, since I will probably miss Thursday's race due to work.

Hi Hubbers, 

I'm working on a marketing campaign for one of the major road races in SA. We're thinking of doing a 'online virtual race' of the route to build some hype and reward participants with some decent prizes, free entries, accommodation etc.

Questions are:

1. Would anyone be interested in participating?

2. Who do I speak to for this to get setup (i.e. BicyclePower gents)?

3. Any no-go's and things to look out for?

Any replies or suggestions on what you would like to see welcome!

Thanks.

Sounds interesting.

Given how painful the few short online races have been (all less than an hour) that I've tried, a race of about 3 hours sounds excruciating...

(Plus, I keep getting blowouts every now and again, so longer rides on the trainer are a lottery. Different brand trainer tyre on the way, hopefully it hold up better than the current one)

Sounds interesting.

Given how painful the few short online races have been (all less than an hour) that I've tried, a race of about 3 hours sounds excruciating...

(Plus, I keep getting blowouts every now and again, so longer rides on the trainer are a lottery. Different brand trainer tyre on the way, hopefully it hold up better than the current one)

Which brand gave you trouble, if you don't mind sharing?

Picked up a proper trainer this weekend so will likely be spending more time on it and don't want to ruin my training tires.

Should be about 5 days left. I had to do the Col d'Izoard a second time, as the application crashed on me the first time, so I still have three left. No idea where I will squeeze that in, since I will probably miss Thursday's race due to work.

That's a nightmare, the last climb i did was Col du Galibier and at each check point it had me listed in first place (definitely not) and i thought that i might have selected the wrong route but was not going to stop / abandon so carried on...luckily it was the right route and registered my attempt...only got one left now...Palomar South 18.83 km @ avg 7% max 12 %

I just checked the challenge finishes on Sunday 15...so still time

A bit hectic to do 3 of those routes in 5 days, go for it :thumbup:  you can have a rest week next week :clap:

Sounds interesting.

I've been using a standard Conti GP 4000 and it lasts forever (been on my road bike for a few years now and has many hrs on the IDT (powerbeam). Its only now getting to the bottom of the wear indicator holes so will replace it just before summer season starts here.

Hi

What do I need to buy to race VR? Or to whom can I talk to get setup

tx

To do the VT hub races you will need a subscription to the cycleops Virtual trainer program

They have various subscription options depending on what hardware (desk top, tablet etc..) you will use it on

post-182-0-53475400-1455019731_thumb.png

Here's the link  https://www.cycleops.com/virtualtraining/apps-pricing

Here's a list of the compatible trainers

https://www.cycleops.com/virtualtraining/compatibility

I use the desktop app installed on a windows 7 lap top using ANT+ dongle to communicate with the cycleops powerbeam...  and an uncapped broadband wifi connection.

Which brand gave you trouble, if you don't mind sharing?

Picked up a proper trainer this weekend so will likely be spending more time on it and don't want to ruin my training tires.

Current trainer tyre is a Tacx blue one. It is splitting along the lines on the tyre.

New one, which I hope arrives tomorrow, is a Vittoria Zaffira something or other. If it gives me crap, I'll try Schwalbe, or Conti

Archived