Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

I really believe this "interval" type training on Tuesday does wonders for my legs! Thanks for the competition.

Super tough but i put in more effort than i normally would with a solo ride on the IDT.

Anyone care to share their IF and TSS scores and help me understand what this REALLY means???

Mine:

Climb:       IF=1.041 / TSS=44.3 

10km TT:  IF=1.06 / TSS=32.4

Mine

Climb:       IF=0.911 / TSS=26.6

10km TT:  IF=0.985 / TSS=43.3

SO, compared to you I did not put in enough effort!

Maybe explains why I keep coming in last  :mellow:  :blush:  :oops:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine

Climb:       IF=0.911 / TSS=26.6

10km TT:  IF=0.985 / TSS=43.3

SO, compared to you I did not put in enough effort!

Maybe explains why I keep coming in last  :mellow:  :blush:  :oops:

Saag, you and I hold the tail end of the race nicely  :thumbup:  Someone has too!

For me there are two things, doing well in the race and improving on my fitness and strength. The race results are relative to the quality of people racing. I way prefer chasing the leaders with a goal to improve than klapping everyone every single race. Would be nice, but then where's the carrot???

All I know is that my FTP has improve by about 7% over the last month...good numbers in my books!

Saag, you and I hold the tail end of the race nicely  :thumbup:  Someone has too!

For me there are two things, doing well in the race and improving on my fitness and strength. The race results are relative to the quality of people racing. I way prefer chasing the leaders with a goal to improve than klapping everyone every single race. Would be nice, but then where's the carrot???

All I know is that my FTP has improve by about 7% over the last month...good numbers in my books!

Jip, I think we are doing a great job :whistling:

Have to agree, doesn't matter how far back I end up, I know that I'm busy with a quality training session!

My FTP increased by 15% since starting in July :clap:

Jip, I think we are doing a great job :whistling:

Have to agree, doesn't matter how far back I end up, I know that I'm busy with a quality training session!

My FTP increased by 15% since starting in July :clap:

I noticed! :cursing:  :blush:

The actual result is really irrelevant but there is absolutely no way I can go that hard on my own. Your % improvement is really impressive. The point is that you can go balls to the wall without the fear of failure. There is always next week.

I think that uphill race is the best measurement of FTP I will ever do. We should do it at least once a month.

I have been thinking about it and how we can still do an FTP and get everyone to compete. I think the race will be around 20min at about 3.5 W/Kg. We can look at our previous results and adjust your weight to start at about 3.4 W/Kg (each person individually)-a type of handicap race. This should lead to us all getting to the end in a reasonably competitive surround with a clear visual indication when you are slacking. Obviously it is open to abuse (as I have shown) but if done correctly it will be a major pressure pot.

We can close the race but I think it is irrelevant if someone comes and beats us all. We will still have your correct FTP (only W/Kg will be reflected inaccurate). Any thoughts?

Guys should I post another hill climb for Tuesday? We have a local climb of 12.4kg called Bainskloof pass. It climbs around 450m with an average gradient of 4%. If I ride it tempo it takes me about 38min. I is slighter quicker when I do it through virtual training. I think Darren Lill has the strava record of about 27min for the climb.

We can do this according to Talus's method if you guys are keen. This is a super workout if you want to set a new FTP

Guys should I post another hill climb for Tuesday? We have a local climb of 12.4kg called Bainskloof pass. It climbs around 450m with an average gradient of 4%. If I ride it tempo it takes me about 38min. I is slighter quicker when I do it through virtual training. I think Darren Lill has the strava record of about 27min for the climb.

We can do this according to Talus's method if you guys are keen. This is a super workout if you want to set a new FTP

Let's give it a go

Go for it

I'm out anyway :clap: , rest week for me as i'm doing my first mtb marathon event since 2011

103 km with 3000m climbing most of which is in the 1st 45 km

I am game. Ashamed to say that my legs are still smarting from this week. It was great.

So everyone should take their 20min number from this week (or a recent number) and devide by 3.4.

Example: I did 286 ave W for the first 20 min. (my Best Guess FTP 20min)

286W / 3.4 = 84.11

So I will set my weight at 84.1Kg for the race.

REMEMBER: You will still get your true Watts after the race but your W/Kg will be false.

Some guys will add weight and some will subtract.

This should keep us very close together and make for very hard racing.

We may get hammered by people joining that don't know about this or by riders that cheat but we will get the benefit.

I will have to start peaking for these races....

Something like the "3.4 Handicap Race"?

Great. I did 202W for the 20 min hillclimb race, so this week i will put my weight as 59.4kg. Will definitely be "interresting"

My watts was 303 for the first race and 330 for the second, which one must I take?

Lets take the 303 / 3.4 = 89.1 (kg) ...I weigh 73kg...Eish now I'm definitely going to be sick:)

Archived