Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

asside from time, the obvious thing

if i discard the first 10 mins of standing dead still .. will my ave power be affected?

NP is 272 though

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interresting all the stats... Although the powerbeam has had a huge positive effect on my power output there is one thing that's bothering me. On my old giant IDT I used to avg between 90-100 rpm, now I'm struggeling to avg more than 80!

As soon as I drop a gear to up the revs my power starts to drop. Guess I'll have to do some high cadence sessions...is this something to worry about?

Do you guys want to go flat and fast or a route with between 300 and 400m climbing over 22-24km?

For next Tuesday that is

Interresting all the stats... Although the powerbeam has had a huge positive effect on my power output there is one thing that's bothering me. On my old giant IDT I used to avg between 90-100 rpm, now I'm struggeling to avg more than 80!

As soon as I drop a gear to up the revs my power starts to drop. Guess I'll have to do some high cadence sessions...is this something to worry about?

Also notice that but thinking about it I guess one needs to see if your actual speed drops. Higher cadence, lower watts but same speed possibly? Will have to check it out.

Do you guys want to go flat and fast or a route with between 300 and 400m climbing over 22-24km?

For next Tuesday that is

i prefer flat and fast while i get into the groove, but i will go with whatever the guys want with no hassle . Thanks

I noticed the same on mine , even though the system didnt detect mine. i saw on my garmin

For next Tuesday that is

Am out for the next few weeks. Off the the rwc with land rover and then some business in the uk. Happy racing.

Am out for the next few weeks. Off the the rwc with land rover and then some business in the uk. Happy racing.

Enjoy! I would also much rather do that!!

There is a 35km route on a velodrome which I can post. Might be interesting actually

Enjoy! I would also much rather do that!!

There is a 35km route on a velodrome which I can post. Might be interesting actually

Let give it a go

Also notice that but thinking about it I guess one needs to see if your actual speed drops. Higher cadence, lower watts but same speed possibly? Will have to check it out.

Saw the same and I did actually check. Speed stayed the same for me. Problem is I was trying to get it up some. The gradient and effort did feel wierdly disconnected, but probably due to the sustained effort.

What time did the racing start? i was ready at 7.30 at which point it had been under way for 28 minutes already. I also got a message that my trainer was now disconnected. It worked fine a while later when I rode a video route.

Rouxtjie het jy bietjie terug gehou....?? LOL

Wens ek kan se ek het TK, maar ek sou lieg....die zones was opgestel en reg vir my ou FTP toe ek lekker fiks was(einde van laas jaar). Dis nogal n eye opener om te sien hoe stront jy kan word in 6 maande...maar nou ja, terug in die saal. 

ITO the power / cadence question....what I have picked up is that the powerbeam is cruel but fair. If you drop your cadence and select a harder gear you will put out more power, like in real life, if you want to maintain that power number in an easier gear, you have to obviously up the cadence. The question is can you maintain that. It doesn't react different to other powerbased training kit I have been on before. When I did a wattbike training block I remember the instructor being EXTREMELY focused on cadence of above 90 for most of your intervals. 

Its quite hard if you trained you body to be a diesel and now you want it to be a petrol and the first couple of session I nearly died, but after a while you get used to it. You want to stress cardio more than muscle since the recovery is much shorter.

What time did the racing start? i was ready at 7.30 at which point it had been under way for 28 minutes already. I also got a message that my trainer was now disconnected. It worked fine a while later when I rode a video route.

ja ja ja....heard that one before. Remember to rotate your excuses  :whistling:

My ADSL buggered out

Dog ate the flywheel

Late emergency meeting

Load shedding

Just say it, you scared of sitting at 350+ watts for an hour cause that is what its going to take to win

New guys: Racing starts at 7pm normally but registration for the race closes 6h30pm. So it is always better to register few as soon as possible even if you are unsure that you can join

I will post the velodome race today

Archived