Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

I am 38

aim for 8hrs per week but mostly get 4 to 6

Gym 3 x per week

Would be interesting if we compare race times like the 1 tonner coming up to see how the results here correlate to race results

Yeah I wanted to do that, feel free to add it in... it gets a bit hazy tho with all the different race options.

Oh ja and my last decent race in SA (for comparison purposes) was a loooong time ago

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

42yrs old

2015:

bike: 3611 km in 162h26m - 78 rides

run  : 745km in 67h - 59 Runs

8 x Comrades (8:37 pb)

8 x Two Oceans (4:53 pb)

3 x Sani (12h01 pb)

8 x Amashova (2:45 pb)

Now that's impressive stuff!

Was a good race for me last night...Sure most of the usual front runners were taking it easy last night!

Perhaps the visit to the "Doctor" has helped....not what you thinking :devil: Suikerbosrand is the Doctor apparently. Cures the hill climbing blues...

Sure no other"medicine" were prescribed?

????

Just joking, great race....sure I will dind someone else to replace you as my racing partner

Sure no other"medicine" were prescribed?

Just joking, great race....sure I will dind someone else to replace you as my racing partner

Saag my buddy...I'm a one hit wonder!

Any way, after seeing your FTP improvements last few weeks, I thought I should up my game!

42yrs old

2015:

bike: 3611 km in 162h26m - 78 rides

run  : 745km in 67h - 59 Runs

8 x Comrades (8:37 pb)

8 x Two Oceans (4:53 pb)

3 x Sani (12h01 pb)

8 x Amashova (2:45 pb)

was approx 100kg (some say more- ill ignore them) just before the birth of my first daughter. didn't want to be one of those dads that couldn't do activities with the kids - now weigh 83kg.

Cool CV :thumbup:

ja ja ja....heard that one before. Remember to rotate your excuses  :whistling:

My ADSL buggered out

Dog ate the flywheel

Late emergency meeting

Load shedding

Just say it, you scared of sitting at 350+ watts for an hour cause that is what its going to take to win

look buddy - This was the first time I tried to join a race, I had not raced on line before, I got the time wrong and my system did not work, no idea why. One of the reasons I bought a Cycleops trainer, I had a TACX before this, was so that I could join online races. I was asking for advice on how to get it right the next time. In any event thanks for the useless comment and advice.

look buddy - This was the first time I tried to join a race, I had not raced on line before, I got the time wrong and my system did not work, no idea why. One of the reasons I bought a Cycleops trainer, I had a TACX before this, was so that I could join online races. I was asking for advice on how to get it right the next time. In any event thanks for the useless comment and advice.

In all seriousness I think his comment was a little tongue in cheek. It's the way I read it.

I suggest you create a race (just call it testing setup etc) and then join it. Tloys of people have done it. The best way is to go through the process.

What setup do you have ? PC or ipad?

In all seriousness I think his comment was a little tongue in cheek. It's the way I read it.

I suggest you create a race (just call it testing setup etc) and then join it. Tloys of people have done it. The best way is to go through the process.

Agreed Mr Rabbit ...

PC - it runs all the software just fine, I can download routes etc. Just last night when I tried to get into the race, I had a message that my trainer was disconnected. I really thought that the race was at 7.30pm. At 7.30 the race had been under way for 28 minutes. Will try again next week.

PC - it runs all the software just fine, I can download routes etc. Just last night when I tried to get into the race, I had a message that my trainer was disconnected. I really thought that the race was at 7.30pm. At 7.30 the race had been under way for 28 minutes. Will try again next week.

guys i have to admit That  i stuffed up as well thinking we start 19h30 .. so i was falling around to play catch up .. I think Talus said that the 1st one for some reason is always a botch, so here's looking forward to doing it right next time !

post-41755-0-95717300-1441823682_thumb.jpeg

As a matter of interest I'd like to know a bit more about the chaps who race to get some kind of picture on their training experience, stuff like:

My stuff...

Avg Cycling Training hrs per week (for 2015): 4 hrs

Other sports training (eg running): Running (all year), Triathlon

Current Age: 51

Endurance sports training experience (how many years): +/- 25 yrs

Thanks

After I've seen some of the above CV's some of you will probably not believe me, but any way make with it what you want...

Age 36, 1,87cm 73kg

Did some long distance athletics during primary school and got provincial in cross country running

Did my first Argus in 1995 and completed another 13 till 2010. Did non other cycling events during that time, every year tried to do between 300-450km from Jan to March and finished all of them (except one where I did zero training and the southeaster got the better of me) between 3:07 – 4:00 hours

Took it a bit more serious from 2012 and did some events during the year, trained about 5-6hrs a week, best race Die Burger (2012) 92km finished with the Elite bunch in 2:11

Last year Nov (2014) got a back operation and didn’t do any cycling till mid Jan 2015, did a couple of training rides just to finish the mini Argus.

Took some time off with 1 indoor ride during May and 1 during June.

From mid July I’m doing one indoor ride (the Hub race) and one 5km run during the week with a +-2hr MTB ride over the weekend.

Mid July my FTP was 290W, don’t know what it is at the moment but finished the last race with 343W (don’t read too much into it, it differs a lot between races, 2 weeks ago it was 277W)

Total kms done for 2015

Indoor according to CVT  is 334km

Outdoor according to my Garmin is 366km

After I've seen some of the above CV's some of you will probably not believe me, but any way make with it what you want...

Age 36, 1,87cm 73kg

Did some long distance athletics during primary school and got provincial in cross country running

Did my first Argus in 1995 and completed another 13 till 2010. Did non other cycling events during that time, every year tried to do between 300-450km from Jan to March and finished all of them (except one where I did zero training and the southeaster got the better of me) between 3:07 – 4:00 hours

Took it a bit more serious from 2012 and did some events during the year, trained about 5-6hrs a week, best race Die Burger (2012) 92km finished with the Elite bunch in 2:11

Last year Nov (2014) got a back operation and didn’t do any cycling till mid Jan 2015, did a couple of training rides just to finish the mini Argus.

Took some time off with 1 indoor ride during May and 1 during June.

From mid July I’m doing one indoor ride (the Hub race) and one 5km run during the week with a +-2hr MTB ride over the weekend.

Mid July my FTP was 290W, don’t know what it is at the moment but finished the last race with 343W (don’t read too much into it, it differs a lot between races, 2 weeks ago it was 277W)

Total kms done for 2015

Indoor according to CVT is 334km

Outdoor according to my Garmin is 366km

You had my attention at "finished with the elite bunch"

The quality of a gem is always there, it just needs a little polishing to shine.

We are all happy for you to join. There will be a bit of lip, as in "real cycling". The occasional crap happens. I feel it adds to the reality. We even have our suspicions of electronic doping (OK it was me). Now I am trying to get a good feel for Zwift. It could be the next thing.

Age  36 (ALL GOLD, with a lisp "s");

1,87cm (Long levers to generate more speed);

73kg (FTW.....BMI=20.8, you are unfairly advantaged, ideal BMI range 18.5-22)

Not comprehensive, but at least a starting point and interesting info.......

Discriminate analysis.pdf

Archived