• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Burnt with Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller, Daniel Bruhl and a few other recognizable faces about a washed up chef that had his career ended with drugs and alcohol. Manages to turn it around with the help of his friends. Predictable story line but easy watching entertainment for a Saturday night.

Got Chef in a bargain bin the other day. Similar concept: chef goes off the rails a tad, then finds himself, etc...harmless entertainment.  

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Chef in a bargain bin the other day. Similar concept: chef goes off the rails a tad, then finds himself, etc...harmless entertainment.  

Will have a look for that. Sure to up the share price a bit  :thumbup:

I haven't seen the movie, but I am not planning to any time soon with all these amazing reviews doing the rounds, I think that comment about it being long is quite possibly the nicest and most positive comment I've read about it...

The same reason we haven't watched it yet. Looking forward to Rogue One in December.

Bought that on DVD this weekend. Wasn't in a rush to see it at the cinema. Very disappointed. Movie was disjointed. Pity, could have been done really well. Oh, and Amy Adams didn't get nearly enough screen time. Said it before, barring the Dark Knight trilogy, DC movies aren't nearly as good as Marvel's. Yet to see Civil War. Shouldn't that be out on DVD soon?

The movie was typically Snyder. Beautiful visuals, but disjointed and paper thin plot.

On a related note, the trailer for Justice League dropped this weekend.

https://youtu.be/fIHH5-HVS9o

The movie was typically Snyder. Beautiful visuals, but disjointed and paper thin plot.

On a related note, the trailer for Justice League dropped this weekend.

https://youtu.be/fIHH5-HVS9o

Yeah, it was indeed beautiful. The opening sequence was good, for instance...the snapping pearls, for instance. Also the god-like scene where Supes saves the girl in the midst of some kind of Easter celebration. I would maybe have preferred two stories. One about Supes and the Bat; and then maybe a second about Supes' death.

Jesse Eisenberg also spoiled it. Seemed like he wanted to turn in a Heath Ledger-type Joker thing. Lex is a loon, but not the kinda loon Eisenberg made him out to be.  

Wife is more of a Trekkie than I am, although I don't mind some of the newer stuff from the film franchise. I think this could be a goodie.

Yeah, it was indeed beautiful. The opening sequence was good, for instance...the snapping pearls, for instance. Also the god-like scene where Supes saves the girl in the midst of some kind of Easter celebration. I would maybe have preferred two stories. One about Supes and the Bat; and then maybe a second about Supes' death.

Jesse Eisenberg also spoiled it. Seemed like he wanted to turn in a Heath Ledger-type Joker thing. Lex is a loon, but not the kinda loon Eisenberg made him out to be.  

I agree. Eisenberg painted Lex as some neurotic extrovert. Which Lex is anything but.

The real Lex doesnt wear his eccentricity on his sleeve. His suave and candid. Many comic book villains often portray unrealistic aspirations. Where what they wish to achieve far outweigh what they are truly capable of. Not Lex. His cold and calculating. Patient and he perseveres. Its this signature thought process he has that makes readers realise how mad he really is...and dangerous. 

I think this laaitie would have made a brilliant Lex Luther instead

http://www.awardsdaily.com/tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/rami-malek.jpg

I agree. Eisenberg painted Lex as some neurotic extrovert. Which Lex is anything but.

The real Lex doesnt wear his eccentricity on his sleeve. His suave and candid. Many comic book villains often portray unrealistic aspirations. Where what they wish to achieve far outweigh what they are truly capable of. Not Lex. His cold and calculating. Patient and he perseveres. Its this signature thought process he has that makes readers realise how mad he really is...and dangerous.

Speaking of Lex.. what ever happened to the guy who played him in the series Smallville? Edited by Gen

100% agreed.