• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Lex.. what ever happened to the guy who played him in the series Smallville?

He did this last year.

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/12899927/p12899927_b_v8_aa.jpg

Such a shame too. I loved Smallville. The way the show cultivated a complicated 'friendship' between him and Clark Kent. Can't imagine him as anyone but Lex. Despite how well he played the role. He has always been cast in seemingly b grade block busters when he is capable of so much more.

Then there was Laura Vandervoort

5b44386fb2fb7b8dfd477422425d71d0.jpg

She played this role superbly. While Melissa Benoist in the new CBS version of Supergirl is just plain rubbish

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/11779472/p11779472_b_v8_ab.jpg

. While Melissa Benoist in the new CBS version of Supergirl is just plain rubbish

I switched it off midway through the first episode, it was that kaaaak. Felt like an attempt to leverage off the humour style of Shield, but make it "funnier" and it backfired completely

He did this last year.

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/12899927/p12899927_b_v8_aa.jpg

Such a shame too. I loved Smallville. The way the show cultivated a complicated 'friendship' between him and Clark Kent. Can't imagine him as anyone but Lex. Despite how well he played the role. He has always been cast in seemingly b grade block busters when he is capable of so much more.

Then there was Laura Vandervoort

She played this role superbly. While Melissa Benoist in the new CBS version of Supergirl is just plain rubbish

Yes their story was quite good.. will also always think of him as Lex.. however I did eventually lose interest in Smallville. Never finished the series.

As for supergirl.. meh..

Edited by Gen

Ah, Smallville...watched an early season of that...now I am tempted to get a couple of seasons. I (half-) watched two seasons of Arrow. Didn't get into it. DC-related...is Gotham any good?

Edited by Tumbleweed

Ah, Smallville...watched an early season of that...now I am tempted to get a couple of seasons. I (half-) watched two seasons of Arrow. Didn't get into it. DC-related...is Gotham any good?

Finished the second season of Gotham a little while ago. It's pretty darn good in my opinion.

Finished the second season of Gotham a little while ago. It's pretty darn good in my opinion.

I'd say it's the best adaptation to date. That oke from Orange County does well as an early Commissioner Gordon. 

I'd say it's the best adaptation to date. That oke from Orange County does well as an early Commissioner Gordon. 

Never watched Orange County, but yeah he plays his part well.

I switched it off midway through the first episode, it was that kaaaak. Felt like an attempt to leverage off the humour style of Shield, but make it "funnier" and it backfired completely

Same here. The shows premise was very off putting. You know the type. Hey. Here's a new show. Lets summarize the plot in 5 minutes so we can get on with the first adventure. Rather than letting the story unravel. Smallville unraveled over nearly a decade. 

I'm not one to pine over moot points when watching on screen adaptations of comic books either. But creators missed a tremendous opportunity to re-imagine this show by filling in the blanks the comics never really touched on. The show already comes across as juvenile. Why not make it purposefully so?

Kara Zor-El arrives at earth as a teen. Being Superman's older cousin and sent to earth to protect him. Her pod gets suspended in the phantom zone in space where time doesn't pass. By the time her pod arrives at earth Superman is already 15 years older than her but she doesn't know that. Make the show about her without a white picket foster family. Put her on the streets. A teen learning about this new world while she tries to find the cousin she was suppose to protect. Not knowing who he is and who he has become.

The show instead opts for Superman to set her up with a foster home while she struggles to hide her powers because she feels earth doesn't need another hero. What a **** decision for a show premise. Jeez why don't they let me write and cast this stuff.

Yes their story was quite good.. will also always think of him as Lex.. however I did eventually lose interest in Smallville. Never finished the series.

As for supergirl.. meh..

The man is perfectly capable of growing a full head of hair. I suppose the relief that comes with finally being able to grow it back makes any role seem good.

It is. Admittedly though timing was out mid season 2 and it took a back seat in favour of some other shows at the time. Well for me at least. Once dry season hits again I might take it back up. You always go back if its good.  

For now though there's Mr Robot and Preacher to keep me watching. 

It is. Admittedly though timing was out mid season 2 and it took a back seat in favour of some other shows at the time. Well for me at least. Once dry season hits again I might take it back up. You always go back if its good.  

For now though there's Mr Robot and Preacher to keep me watching. 

PREACHER! Forgot about that. Will start watching,. 

Then there was Laura Vandervoort

She played this role superbly. While Melissa Benoist in the new CBS version of Supergirl is just plain rubbish

The second supergirl is better looking, and that's what really matters... ;)

The second supergirl is better looking, and that's what really matters... ;)

The doe eyed, plain jane, girl next door vs the closes thing to a human incarnation of a Scandinavian demigod?  

http://cdn.breathecast.com/data/images/full/26078/melissa-benoist.jpg

Co-incidentally. CBS's new Supergirl show actually cast Laura (the old Smallville supergirl) as a villain in the new show. Go Figure

0a111899354f0a9a1ac01f9d2592f330.jpg

Holy crap, I wish the "airbrush" tool on photochop was never invented.

That last pic looks surreal, and I donbelievut.

As for TV, I struggle in general to get into anything these days.

It all feels like some generic script type thing that gets slapped together week after week, when my wife watches this crap, i can never discern between shows...thank goodness theyre wearing superhero suits so i can distinguish them.

I enjoyed smallville, as said previously, well thought out. Good writing, with decent actors.