Thug

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Oscar Pistorius use an inhaler?? :ph34r:

Ahh another interesting case!!

Should he be able to compete againt able bodied athletes? Does his blades give him a bette performance? Can you get super blades? What the difference between adding non-human apparatus or non-human supplements?

Just asking questions of which I don't know the answers. Sport has always been a great story for me, but it kind of faded a bit since all the relevations about cheating and what not.

What would you guys say about Lionel Messi and his growth hormone injections at Barcelona when he was younger?

Blurry lines for sure!

Agreed, money money money makes the world spin

I think they should ban him with immeidate effect.

And thats got nothing to do with Switzerland playing Argentina tonight

well, it might also be on the banned list if its a masking agent, so not everything on the banned list is directly performance enhacing

This.

Saddest thing about this whole discussion is that there is no-one saying, 'hey, you know what, maybe the guy is legit'.

Shows the state of affairs.

Thats how i understood / meant it, amongest pro athetes (even tho its a bit hippo to treat pro's different just because they are pro's) and not only refering to things that go wrong like appendix but rather genetic issues they were born with.

Another example, a pro athelete who was born severly short sighted, should he be allowed to compete if he wear contacts / glasses or (heaven forbid) had corrective laser surgery?

great question again swiss...depends on what you interpret to be fair, if the sport was counting the most dots on a piece of paper from 10 yards ...then yes its unfair. Do you see the connection?

Point 1....this is up to your tolerance of what is perceived to be fair or not. For me, it is unfair, to you it is fair.

Point 2....Agreed, never said it wasn't against the rules. All is above board ito UCI rules.

I think to you it is unfair because you dont understand asthma and believe that the inhaler makes you faster. The only effect it has on him is to open closed airways for him, he gains no advantage, just open airways.

In your logic asthma sufferers cannot do sport, how cruel.

Saddest thing about this whole discussion is that there is no-one saying, 'hey, you know what, maybe the guy is legit'.

Shows the state of affairs.

you need to unblock me and joecool

great question again swiss...depends on what you interpret to be fair, if the sport was counting the most dots on a piece of paper from 10 yards ...then yes its unfair. Do you see the connection?

I SEE what you trying to do.... however i present test #3:

Cover your eyes with some hazy scratched glasses that severly restrict your vision and see how it affects your mtbking...hell just try ride at night without a light...

You weren't born with a light were you?

Peace...time to do work :thumbup:

I think to you it is unfair because you dont understand asthma and believe that the inhaler makes you faster. The only effect it has on him is to open closed airways for him, he gains no advantage, just open airways.

In your logic asthma sufferers cannot do sport, how cruel.

mmm seems we not going to agree on this so. But do me a favour and read the line I highlighted again...read it out loud.

I am also not saying that can't do sport, you are putting words in my mouth...I am saying they can't use meds to level the playing field with competitors whilst competing. It would be cruel to guy coming second that didn't need the pump.

What would you guys say about Lionel Messi and his growth hormone injections at Barcelona when he was younger?

Blurry lines for sure!

Messi was signed by Barca at the age of 13.. he had already been on the treatment for before he went to Barca, treatment was very expensive and his folks battled to pay for it.. Barca took him on and continued with the treatment.. this wasn't a oh lets give the shorty growth hormones issues, this was he needed it to actually develop properly, he had plenty complications because of the medical condition.

But here is is an article on it.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1492546-lionel-messi-and-hgh-the-truth-about-the-best-footballer-in-the-world

I SEE what you trying to do.... however i present test #3:

Cover your eyes with some hazy scratched glasses that severly restrict your vision and see how it affects your mtbking...hell just try ride at night without a light...

You weren't born with a light were you?

Peace...time to do work :thumbup:

I dont get your argument here...I wont lie :wacko:

mmm seems we not going to agree on this so. But do me a favour and read the line I highlighted again...read it out loud.

I am also not saying that can't do sport, you are putting words in my mouth...I am saying they can't use meds to level the playing field with competitors whilst competing. It would be cruel to guy coming second that didn't need the pump.

Without the pump asthma sufferers cant compete, so in your argument all asthma sufferers are precluded from sport. Nice one.

And as you point out, all the pump does is level the playing field, so your 'logic' escapes me...

Am I the only one who reads the article and smirks every time i see the abbreviation for the journalist?

I cringed every time I saw the abbreviation MC

Without the pump asthma sufferers cant compete, so in your argument all asthma sufferers are precluded from sport. Nice one.

And as you point out, all the pump does is level the playing field, so your 'logic' escapes me...

I find it odd that Froome isn't mentioning his chronic meds for the asthma. . Inhalers is only for IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.. something like foxair is used daily to treat the asthma.

He says he uses his inhaler daily... but my son uses the same inhaler when he gets an attack, not as chronic meds.