[Event] FNB Wines2Whales MTB

Events Bot

Doing the Adventure. Only started cycling this year though...going to be interesting. Super excited. :)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strangely day 2 is always my worst ito results. New partner though.

Maybe it is because your technical skills suck? :ph34r:

But yes, same for me..

Maybe it is because your technical skills suck? :ph34r:

But yes, same for me..

10000% correct.

• 4 weeks later...

Doing first stage race in the Ride this year. Excited enough to actually stick to a training program!

Seen a couple of guys mention the portage on stage 1. How far is it you have to carry your bike? (Heard pushing is not allowed, is this right?)

Doing first stage race in the Ride this year. Excited enough to actually stick to a training program!

Seen a couple of guys mention the portage on stage 1. How far is it you have to carry your bike? (Heard pushing is not allowed, is this right?)

I'm not sure of what's allowed, but I can't imagine anybody carrying their bike all the way. If anything, it's 90%+ pushing and 10% carrying. Just too steep and rocky.

You are allowed to push (if possible). When you get to the top you are not allowed to ride your bike down the singletrack, apparently riding your bike will cause more damage than cleats.

I need to possibly replace my tyres before the event. Any suggestions?

Currently running crossmax on the back and Bontrager on front.

I need to possibly replace my tyres before the event. Any suggestions?

Currently running crossmax on the back and Bontrager on front.

Tell me what the weather will do and I will be giving a suggestion. Last year it PISSED and it was a mudfest. Year before 40°C on Hans se kop.

Tell me what the weather will do and I will be giving a suggestion. Last year it PISSED and it was a mudfest. Year before 40°C on Hans se kop.

Yes the Black panthers are not so good in the wet...

Anyone have an idea of how many km's of portage there is on the days?  I should probably go for a cleated walk sometime if I will be doing it over longer distances other than my normal 'running away from a group for a quick pee before a DH section' hikes...

Did the race last year where we had a great weather so the current setup worked fine. Doing the Adventure this time round (hoping to avoid the Mudfest)

Archived