[Event] FNB Wines2Whales MTB

Events Bot

Event Name: FNB Wines2Whales MTB
When: 31 October 2014 - 9 November 2014
Where: Lourensford Wine Estate - Onrus, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Western Cape’s iconic MTB Stage Race, the FNB Wines2Whales traverses some of the best MTB trails South Africa has to offer from Lourensford to Onrus over a period of 3 days! A hugely popular event on the MTB calendar, the FNB Wines2Whales is described as a ‘Bucket List’ event by much of the MTB Community!

Events:

FNB Wines2Whales Adventure: 31 October- 02 November 2014

FNB Wines2Whales Ride: 03-05 November 2014

FNB Wines2Whales Race: 07-09 November 2014

Start Venue: Lourensford Estate, Somerset West

Race Village Venue: Oak Valley Estate, Elgin

Finish Venue: Onrus Caravan Park

Format: 2 Riders per Team

Distances: 70km-80km per day

For more information visit: www.wines2whales.co.za

Go to Event Page

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing the Ride - only one we could get in to! . First W2W - have heard you guys in the Western Cape know how to organise these things !!!

This will be my 1st. Only barely got into the adventure. Looking forward to it plenty. I'm rather full of crap so if the tents don't seem to comfy or weather turns sour I will be heading for 1st available guesthouse.

Did the race last year. Had heavy legs the next weekend in 94.7. Hoping the extra week rest will pay off. Also hoping that the day 1 of the adventure does not repeat itself this year. Not looking forward to riding in teh rain and mud if it does.

This will be my 1st. Only barely got into the adventure. Looking forward to it plenty. I'm rather full of crap so if the tents don't seem to comfy or weather turns sour I will be heading for 1st available guesthouse.

One benefit is that each rider has a tent, no sharing (although I did see a few shared last year......)

I pray to the Gods , Thor in particular (I've been watching a lot of Vinkings) that it does not rain again as it did in the Adventure last year...

Doing the race with my wife and my colleagues from Food Lover's Market. First W2W for both of us.

In this year simply cant wait for this event!!! My only wish for this event is 2 tented sections one section for those who snore & those who don't!@!! Last year I took ear plugs and headphones, this still couldn't drain the noise from the guy snoring next to me! FML

Wish i was in the event... if anyone has an adventure entry they would like to sell.... pllleeaase let me now

Also my first W2W doing the Ride with my wife

Same here - some say it could lead to divorce. lol

Last year was my first. That first "little" climb will warm you up nicely. The walk up Gamtoos was actually tougher, for me. As soon as I got back on the bike at the top, I almost fell over as both legs cramped at the same time! I was in good company though, John Smit was also strecthing out his legs.

Day 2 is some of the best riding', 70% singletrack.

Archived