Upgrades for Giant Anthem 1

Edge540

I can build you a great set of wheels.....when those are worn out! The only downside to those wheels are the aliminum nipples. They will bite you in about three years time. Do the tubeless conversion and ride!

Cool thanks

I wasn't sure if they will work tubeless as I know the rims are TR.

Just hope the tires (sidewalls) last long enough for me to save up and buy proper ust/tubeless tires

Yeah. Look - you'll probably use up loads of sealant with those tires, as the sidewalls weep faster than Hakkinen after a crash, and need loads to seal. But you can do it if you're patient and use a load of sealant.

Ok so it looks like the dropper this week and start aiming at a tubeless conversion. After that maybe father Christmas will decide to drop off a pair of Crests.

Guys thank you so much for all the responses and advice. You guys are truly amazing. Much appreciated. :clap:

Ok so it looks like the dropper this week and start aiming at a tubeless conversion. After that maybe father Christmas will decide to drop off a pair of Crests.

Guys thank you so much for all the responses and advice. You guys are truly amazing. Much appreciated. :clap:

How heavy are you? If above 80 I'd advise the flows in place of the crests.

How heavy are you? If above 80 I'd advise the flows in place of the crests.

Currently around 85kg. Reading through the comments I think I'll delay the wheels till a bit later and try do a workshop course and a skills clinic first. I think right now they'd benefit my riding more than a set of wheels.

Currently around 85kg. Reading through the comments I think I'll delay the wheels till a bit later and try do a workshop course and a skills clinic first. I think right now they'd benefit my riding more than a set of wheels.

100%

Oh. And Dan Dobinson at iRide Africa is your man for skills clinics. A beast on the bike and an all round good guy.

100%

Oh. And Dan Dobinson at iRide Africa is your man for skills clinics. A beast on the bike and an all round good guy.

Awesome. Will look him up. Saw one out at Dirtopia, Pierre I think his name was but will check out iRide. Thanks for the tip.