What bib to buy?

Nickster

Is Assos and Castelli lower end bibs really better than the middle to upper range of everything else?

Yes, Assos are in their own league. I used to suffer from saddle sores, didn't matter which bibs I used, switched to Assos and no more saddle sores. I use the F1 Uno and they're perfect, I have the Mille as well, they have a bit wider pad and some extra ventialtion, but the bottom of the range Assos will do you just fine.

Edited by flyguysa

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you compare Assos to Spez? I really need to find an alternative as stock is always an issue!

You cant compare any to Assos on longer ride comfort! They are heaven for any ass!

You cant compare any to Assos on longer ride comfort! They are heaven for any ass!

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

Honestly never believed the extra cost for the Assos could be justified, cause thought my Spez were comfy as ever - until I got a pair on sale and never looked back!

You're not allowed to buy the white ones

That goes without saying, i've bought white once and never again! learnt the hard way!

That goes without saying, i've bought white once and never again! learnt the hard way!

some things are better left unsaid!

some things are better left unsaid!

Rookie error, best I change my profile pic now

Edited by Nickster

Be a cheapskate anywhere BUT on your butt! Buy the best bib you can afford, but just look after them, and make sure you use compatible chamois creams.... Assos/Giordana are good bets, and I have been very impressed by some F-Tech club kit too, so much so that I have spent double our budget to get F-Tech (Endurance 2 / Carbon Air) for my company corporate kit rather than the usual Anatomic stuff we usually buy.

Edited by Patchelicious

Got some Ftech (3 pairs) and some old anatomic amongst others.

2 set of Ftech most comfortable ever, the third is rubbish. Feels like the chamios is in completely the wrong place - I need to check what model it is exactly but I'd never buy it again.

The anatomic are an older corporate kit and are super comfy still. They dont fit as well as the Ftech though. I usually try and wait for an ASG special and then try to buy my size quick....but as mentioned above the one model I got is k@k

I bought these specifically for Trans Karoo.

Sportful Total Comfort

Very happy with them, paid about R1700.

post-53895-0-50472900-1405432516_thumb.jpeg

Did you buy these from CRC Blackheart, or locally?

Got some Ftech (3 pairs) and some old anatomic amongst others.

2 set of Ftech most comfortable ever, the third is rubbish. Feels like the chamios is in completely the wrong place - I need to check what model it is exactly but I'd never buy it again.

The anatomic are an older corporate kit and are super comfy still. They dont fit as well as the Ftech though. I usually try and wait for an ASG special and then try to buy my size quick....but as mentioned above the one model I got is k@k

Funny enough, me too. One of my clients gave me a pair of their corporate Ftech kit, but it was last years bottom of the range, and yes, the chamois feels like its about 5cm too forward, comes up to my belly button almost. But that just reinforces the statement, spend your buck on your chamois. The first time I bought Assos it took me about a month to get myself to spend R2500 for a "pair of cycling pants" but after I did and my first DC, I never looked back.

Edited by Patchelicious