SRM battery replacement cost?

Ronster

Hi Guys,

has anyone sent their srm in for a new battery and service and know what a rough estimated cost would be?

Thanks

depends on the model, some have 2 batteries, some have a square battery and the older ones have a round battery.

change mine myself, got original batteries from the UK, opened the unit, change takes about 10min if you have no clus what you ae doing. recalebrate and away you go.

DIY cost R120.00

AW cost +-R1500.00 depends on whether they send just your SRM back or a whole lot as the courier costs will differ.

I have changed both head unit and crank batteries. My units are all the older SRM V wired units.

Thanks for the help re DIY. The problem is that the battery has lasted since 2009 as I only use it on my TT bike. I am worried if I replace the batteries I need to replace the seals as well, as they might be worn and I need to make sure the unit is water proof.

Thanks for the help re DIY. The problem is that the battery has lasted since 2009 as I only use it on my TT bike. I am worried if I replace the batteries I need to replace the seals as well, as they might be worn and I need to make sure the unit is water proof.

Jip....seems water proofing is the hardest part to do if you go the DIY way

Your battery is around R500 if I remember correctly from SRM Germany. No one in SA van fit it for you.......

Thus transport cost will be the bastard. Normally around R2k later........

That said, LOADS and LOADS of people are doing it themselves.

Here is a guide I got from the Weight Weenies forum.....

Are you sure about Active works not being able to do it?

A friend on mine sent them his wired crank and they upgrade the internals to wireless for him and im sure it wasn't sent overseas.