Wolseley MTB Challenge - 26 July

Rydogg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it last year. Awsome route, very beautifull, and pretty tough. But if its wet, stay away. Last year some parts of the route were washed away by rains and it was extremely tough just to finish the race. Hope its dry this year.

If it's wet your components will be eaten up and spat out. Weather next week looks good and dry so it's safe to say both routes - the 50 and 75km - will be in great condition. I'm doing the 50km

Edited by Aaron_B

Did it 2 years ago, and last year. 2 years ago it was awesome!! Last year not so much. The route was drenched and had to be changed due to major parts of the route being washed away.

As any mtb event, was still good fun, but cold, messy and damaging to the bikes. Luckily the Soetes and Sop was that weekend in Slanghoek. That is this weekend by the way!!

Last year we did loops as the route was changed at point 99.I ended up with almost 70km for 50km.Was fun though,but as stated,components got chowed.

jis wish the rain would clear! want to do the event so badly!!!! but was there last year and it wasn't pretty with all the mud

Sharks semi final or R2000 repair bill.....no brainer for me! GO SHAAARKS!!

Ja, absolutely, have to agree with you. Raining thursday, Friday and saturday. Wont be pretty. feel for the organisers, but last year I limped home with a flat tyre, horrible chainsuck and a R 1000 repair bill. Much rather watch the Sharks vs Crusaders under the blankets on the couch.