Attacked on Helshoogte

Gerlach

REMEMBER THE GUY IN SOMERSET WEST THAT HAD THE GO PRO ON HIS HELMET. THEY ARE ALL ARMED. JUST DEPENDS ON IF IT IS A GUN OR CAR(AS IN THE TOKAI INCIDENT ABOUT A MONTH AGO) OR A 2X4 LIKE THE PASTOR THAT WAS MOERED OFF HIS BIKE RIDING PAST BLUEDOWNS/EERSTERIVER.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you scared of a stick you shouldn't be on a MTB....

You betta getta shootin rambo, lots a killing to be a done :thumbup:

Being scared of a stick is not the issue here . It's the fact that you threatened me with a stick . :blush:

If you scared of a stick you shouldn't be on a MTB....

You betta getta shootin rambo, lots a killing to be a done :thumbup:

HOW ABOUT YOU RIDING WITH A TARGET ON YOUR BACK. OOPS SORRY WE ARE ALL TARGETS. IF YOU CANT SEE THAT WE ARE JUST LOOKING AFTER OURSELVES AND NOT STATING THAT WE ARE GONNA KILL EVERY MUGGER. IT HAS TO START SOMEWHERE. RAMBO CANT RIDE A BIKE, I CAN AND I CAN SHOOT STRAIGHT. SO KISS MY A..

no offence taken, but we can deny it or look the other way- its going to happen whether you like it or not. and for the record should our paths every meet and you in danger, I will protect you as my fellow cyclist , whether you like firearms or not.

by the way, we went off topic here. all I wanted and still want is some advice on where and how to carry a holster for my firearm. hiding bodies, how many bullets one must shoot into the attackers head, im not interested in

Being scared of a stick is not the issue here . It's the fact that you threatened me with a stick . :blush:

Well said! :clap:

HOW ABOUT YOU RIDING WITH A TARGET ON YOUR BACK. OOPS SORRY WE ARE ALL TARGETS. IF YOU CANT SEE THAT WE ARE JUST LOOKING AFTER OURSELVES AND NOT STATING THAT WE ARE GONNA KILL EVERY MUGGER. IT HAS TO START SOMEWHERE. RAMBO CANT RIDE A BIKE, I CAN AND I CAN SHOOT STRAIGHT. SO KISS MY A..

Yeah man you got it, life is tough in the wild west! Just the other day man, this guy he looked at me a funny and reached into his jacket, and BAM popped a cap in his ass! I found all he was getting was his phone, but he should know not to play games in the wild wild west :thumbup:

this is for people that own firearms and are willing to use it - where would you suggest is the best place on your body to carry a firearm in a holster( 45) and where in CT is the best place to go buy one. This is my choice and those that want to badmouth me, all to there own. The buggers want your bike, not you. I am entitled to defend myself and my property within the law and I intend doing that.

what .45 do you want to carry? I do not think all 45's are easily concealable this is a large calibre and not so many sub compact 45's are available. A glock is very compact. You also now get a .45 g30S. The S stands for slim. It only weighs 570g ex mag+ rounds. look at them in this catalogue. Do you need someone in Cape Town to help you with your licence? I can ask someone here in JHB for you if he has a contact.

GLOCK.pdf

what .45 do you want to carry? I do not think all 45's are easily concealable this is a large calibre and not so many sub compact 45's are available. A glock is very compact. You also now get a .45 g30S. The S stands for slim. It only weighs 570g ex mag+ rounds. look at them in this catalogue. Do you need someone in Cape Town to help you with your licence? I can ask someone here in JHB for you if he has a contact.

Dont want to start a gun thread. But I love those Glocks. I might even have one, or not.

Sorry, i'm in to gun thing a bit. not going to say what i own, but the Walter PPK "or as the PPK Variant we call it in South Africa" .22 and the .32 and the 9mm can do an nice job.

thanks mate, already do have a licence. I have had this firearm for years and its a beaut. unfortauniltly I can do nothing about the size ( Norinco)

this is for people that own firearms and are willing to use it - where would you suggest is the best place on your body to carry a firearm in a holster( 45) and where in CT is the best place to go buy one. This is my choice and those that want to badmouth me, all to there own. The buggers want your bike, not you. I am entitled to defend myself and my property within the law and I intend doing that.

I used to cycle with my firearm but after reconsdering the pros and cons (I've been in three attempted jackings before and my gun were of no use to me) I leave my piece at home and carry a non lethal weapon even though its far more dangerous on the roads and trails around Stellies now than ever before. I'm all for defending yourself shooting the F%&$£$ but our justice system is not perfectly geared for that and you might pay dearly for a wrong decision made in a heated/panicked situation.

If you do decide to arm yourself I would suggest a holster or pouch of some kind that you can keep on the front part of your body for easy access but it is imperative that you keep it concealed at all times. What you don't want is for potential robbers to spot your piece and plan their hit on you at a later stage accordingly. Another thing to consider is weapons training, your gun will be of very little use if you are not trained and confident in using it so you will have to practice various scenarios. More often that not the situation will unfold so rapidly that you have split seconds to react so your draw/retrieval will have to be PERFECT, one snag or glitch and things can go pear shaped very quickly. A great weapon to consider is a North American Arms .22 Magnum, its very small and concealable but packs a big punch.

Hope it helps

thanks mate, already do have a licence. I have had this firearm for years and its a beaut. unfortauniltly I can do nothing about the size ( Norinco)

Exactly the same as my bros one..colt interchangeable. Very Very accurate. awesome with Pachmayr grips..very comfy.

I used to cycle with my firearm but after reconsdering the pros and cons (I've been in three attempted jackings before and my gun were of no use to me) I leave my piece at home and carry a non lethal weapon even though its far more dangerous on the roads and trails around Stellies now than ever before. I'm all for defending yourself shooting the F%&$£$ but our justice system is not perfectly geared for that and you might pay dearly for a wrong decision made in a heated/panicked situation.

If you do decide to arm yourself I would suggest a holster or pouch of some kind that you can keep on the front part of your body for easy access but it is imperative that you keep it concealed at all times. What you don't want is for potential robbers to spot your piece and plan their hit on you at a later stage accordingly. Another thing to consider is weapons training, your gun will be of very little use if you are not trained and confident in using it so you will have to practice various scenarios. More often that not the situation will unfold so rapidly that you have split seconds to react so your draw/retrieval will have to be PERFECT, one snag or glitch and things can go pear shaped very quickly. A great weapon to consider is a North American Arms .22 Magnum, its very small and concealable but packs a big punch.

Hope it helps

DO YOU RIDE ALONE!

what about one of those hand held taizer type thingies? I have one of those and I am sure one can fit it to your frame with some velcro?

that way you can have it on hand if you see the crap coming?

what about one of those hand held taizer type thingies? I have one of those and I am sure one can fit it to your frame with some velcro?

that way you can have it on hand if you see the crap coming?

Could work if its one on one. Dont know how it will work against guys with sticks though. Might be a better option for the LADIES.